cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from BT - got phone but no broadband

steveallatsea

Moved from BT - got phone but no broadband

Hi - I recently moved my home phone and standard broadband from BT.  My phone transferred over on the date advised - 17 August - and is great.  Broadband was due to transfer at the same time, but a little while ago I had a message saying this would now take place on 19 August.  It is now 21 August and I still have no broadband.  My router arrived on time though, thanks, and is sitting all alone on a shelf until I can connect it.
The order tracker says 'checking my line' with 'your order has been sent to our supplier'.  I don't know what the problem with the line is, though, as it is a BT line that previously delivered broadband at about 8mbps very well.
In the meantime I have had to spend £12.99 on extra mobile data for my mobile phone because I have no other way of getting emails Sad
I appreciate there may be delays, but it is not getting any messages about the problem or when it may be resolved tha concerns me.  What can I do?  (I have tried calling the phone line but a 45 min wait time was too long so I gave up...maybe I need more stamina!)
I'd be grateful for any help, thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Moved from BT - got phone but no broadband

have you tried plugging the router in
steveallatsea

Hi oldjim, yes I tried that in the hope it might be working and no one had told me, but I got an internet red light on the router and nothing else
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@steveallatsea
Sorry about this, the account seems to have failed to activate automatically.
I've taken care of this and refunded that £12.99 for you.
Any problems just reply here please and the funds should reach you within 10 working days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team