Did you mean: 

Move ADSL Line to new VP

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Move ADSL Line to new VP

Quote from: Matthew
Unfortunately it looks like the tie pairs they've tried to move you onto are faulty.

Matthew,
That is a VERY interesting statement - does this imply that a SVLAN / VP change is achieved 'via' a TPM?
That rather implies a change of DSLAM / Line card too then?  Very much a physical rather than a logical change?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning.
This is now getting beyond annoying. It is now coming up for a week (in about 90 mins time) that I've had no service on my second line so can someone please give me a date as to when this will get resolved. I have two lines for a reason and working with only one is causing me issues.
AndyT
Grafter

Hi Mook,
I'm really sorry about this, I've just spoken to Wholesale and they've advised that there's been a delay with the new order, which they are currently chasing.  They've advised that we should have an update by the end of the day, so I'll continue to monitor for you.  I've also requested they expedite the order due to the problems we've experienced so far, so I'll keep you updated.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the reply, I just hope that the update provides a date for a fix as this is really impacting on my work.
AndyT
Grafter

Hi Mook ,
The VP move is being completed with a 'cease and reprovide' - ceasing your services on the current routing and reproviding them on new routing.  The issue is that the cease order has been delayed by a system error.  The people I've been speaking to have been working on it today and have advised that the cease is now progressing correctly and they're hoping it will complete at some point this evening.  As soon as they have confirmation of the cease order completing, they are going to place the reprovide and then expedite that order.  With an expedite, the new provide should complete within 24 hours, so I'm hoping that we'll have you back online by Friday at the latest. 
I'll continue to monitor tomorrow and will chase with them where necessary.  Thanks again for your patience and apologies for all the problems.
Andy
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley
AndyT
Grafter

Quick update, the cease order has completed and the provide was placed and expedited this morning.  Should have you back on within the next 24 hours, but I'll keep monitoring.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers Andy,
Thanks for your (and others) efforts, we'll see what tomorrow brings I guess.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a call yesterday afternoon from PN support telling me that all should be well and asking if my router was connected as there was no sync on the line. After several failed attempts via the router to get the modem to log in and a power reset of the modem I was told by the caller he would call back in an hour, but this failed to happen.
Normally the service I get from PN is brilliant, but this is issue is causing me serious inconvenience due to the amount of broad band use demanded here, and to be blunt I don't want to hear all of the 'we're at the mercy of BTW' I simply want a fix on the line. Someone a PN must have a sharp stick, I think it is time they made use of it.
AndyT
Grafter

Hi Mook,
Really sorry you didn't receive the call back, I've asked the faults team to get this picked up straight away for you
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andy,
Thanks. This has been ongoing since the 25th of May, what are the odds of getting it fixed within the month?
Anonymous
Not applicable

A kind user (you know who your are) gave me a new virtual calendar and I realised my error, of course I do mean March not May!  Crazy
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

You have a engineer due this morning from what I can see.
Fingers crossed he gets the issue resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

He is here now, but has a massive ? over his head!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I told the engineer that it was a 'simple cease and reprovide' this caused a bulb to appear above his head and he went off to the exchange, coming back some 5 minutes later announcing that it should be fixed, and it was. It turned out to be using the wrong routing as it hadn't been changed when the line was moved. So all sorted now, but time will tell if it was worth all the effort.