cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More connection issues AGAIN

Finnigan
Grafter

More connection issues AGAIN

First of all what is going on with this internet today slow slow slow Again everything takes a AGE to load it was fine this morning now this RUBBISH, tried to load star trek online 20 mins  to load and it was still not loading right, I could not connect to anything once I got home ping through the roof again......Geez did a speed test upload failed so what is going on....Finnigan
17 REPLIES 17
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: More connection issues AGAIN

Hi, sorry to hear it's slow. If the same issue is present when using both wifi and a wired connection to the router raise it to us at http://faults.plus.net and we'll look into it for you.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi matt
              Iam not using wifi its wired cat 5 connection, It was fine this morning so why is it like this now??????? Downstream DBS 9db and 13db up i manually reset the router with no affect..Finnigan
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi Matt
            Phoned support fault raised something odd happening with my connection chap tried a snr reset and was denied something to do with client not matching profile or something anyway ill keep you posted...Thanks again Finnigan
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi there
            This issue is getting to beyond a joke internet fine all day till after 5pm then I can not connect to any game server server times out net is so damn slow it crawls just had unhelpfull reply on the phone from P/net saying its congestion at the exchange side if that was the case I would have seen the affects long before now Any one else seen this or these affects? also did a thinkbroadband speed test since yesterday its saying iam with madasafish and not plusnet as my provider what is going on??????? Finnigan
englishrick
Grafter

its a congestion problem mate...PN and BT over selling their product... take a look at my thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122054.0.html
Ive been having the same problem for over a month now... speeds fine OFF PEAK but come PEAK and its [Censored]
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi englishrick
                    just read your thread on your issues,And geez that's a joke what they are doing with u My issue is CAN NOT log into any game server AT all this has only happened since yesterday, Last time I had this was with virgin adsl  throttling the life out of my connection this feels the same looks like I will be going else where for my net connection because after 3 engineer visits on my 10th router and numerous connection issues I have had enough,Iam mmo player I do not download anything aprt from game patches so this is the last straw, The real kick in the teeth for me my sister is on the same exchange which iam 1.2miles from and she has no lag or any online gaming issues and she is with BT so what does that tell you....Finnigan
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi
  Meant to say its all traffic on the internet not just gaming it was a task even getting on to this forum this evening,It was just after 5pm when I got kick off star trek online, Bamdwidth throttling virgin media adsl used to do the same thing....Finnigan
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi all again
                  this is what I get when I try to browse the forum ill add the screenshot
englishrick
Grafter

Hi, Go here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping and set up a ping meter and check it over a 24hr period... as you can see from mine   my problem starts at about 4pm until midnight... Also check to see if your exchange has a problem here http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi
    To any plusnet staff can yous explain this no estimated line speed on my account???????? then underneath that its current line speed speed 7.15mb ill add a screenshot .....Finnigan
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Ah, I can answer that one for you. Usually after a time has passed the previous speed estimate expires and disappears from that page. This is expected and so is nothing to be concerned about.
There is however a way to get a new estimate to be visible on the page (until that one disappears again later). The way is to start the change of product process (usually just selecting one option) until a speed estimate is quoted. Once you're at that stage you can simply cancel the process without any changes taking place. Then visiting the current speed page will show up the new estimate you've just done.
That's RPM to you!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Finnegan,
I can see you've raised a fault, thanks for that - it's sat with our speed faults team who'll get it tested and raised for you as soon as they can. Hope it's sorted quickly.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi Matt
              I have just read your reply,So no idea what is the problem with this connection stalled on me last night trying to navigate these forums to post replys screen shot is on here, Also i phoned in yesterday too and was told by a very unhelpfull chap telling me its congestion on the exchange iam on as it happens my sister is on that same exchange both of us were on star trek online at the same time when i lost connection and was kicked off could not get back on the game at all she was still on the same damn game star trek online so if its congestion why wasnt she affected as shes with BT if its a congestion issue i would have seen the affects long ago not just since monday happens same time every day not a SPEED issue it feels like my connection is being blocked from certain internet traffic from 5pm, THIS service is not fit for purpose and i had enough as from today i will be looking for another provider 2 years of this is not on......Finnigan
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's your choice, I'd recommend staying at least until the fault is resolved or it'll follow you to your new provider but up to you. I can understand that you're not happy and am sorry that a fault has manifested on your line, we will get it sorted for you if you give us a chance to.