cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More TG582n frustrations...

davewasthere

More TG582n frustrations...

Wow. It's been the most frustrating morning... I'm honestly ready to go postal.
First, I'm completely screwed over by my loss of Static IP. I'd purchased it previously for my ADSL broadband and at no point in my upgrade to Fibre did Plusnet mention I'd lose it, or that the fibre package I was upgrading to wouldn't support it. I call bullshit - it's probably nothing more than a configuration setting and they're unintentionally screwing with me.
But, to solve at least one of my many problems, I'm trying to use dynamic DNS (it's only a stopgap measure). But the router seems to ignore the settings I'm asking it to change. It looks like it's locked to a particular host. You can set it once, but after that, if you try and change hostname, it just ignores whatever you put in the box.
That router sucks plusnet! If I could back out of this contract now, I would. This has been such a huge PITA...
Angry
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH... (and no. I'm not _trying_ to talk like a pirate)
2 REPLIES 2
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: More TG582n frustrations...

Yeah, you can't have a static IP address on the Value products.  You can on Fibre Extra though.  I'll ask one of the guys who knows about the router about the dDNS issue....
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: More TG582n frustrations...

I've spoke with one of our hardware experts who (if your willing) can try and do this remotely for you.
Let me know if you fancy that.