cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly limit

JrEwing

Monthly limit

Hello.....i have just joined plusnet and let me say how much i have already been impressed by the very freindly and helpful customer service.........a joy to deal with i can tell you after the nightmare that was my talktalk time.
Anyway i hope this is the right place to ask these question, if ot then my apoliges.
Ok can i ask when the monthly limit starts...does it start at your bill date or every 28 days.........and if you were to go over your limit could you still surf on that 256k speed cap until your new month started.
I am on 60 gig a month and apart from some iplayer and some gaming that 60 gig should be plenty......but i just wanted to know a what if senario.
Thank you for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Monthly limit

Welcome to the forums
The usage period is tied into (start and finish) your billing date
If you go over the monthly limit one of two things can happen,
Either you are charged £5 per 5GB without carry over to the next month or you set the maximum extra monthly spend to zero here https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/ then you will be restricted to 256kbps up and down including the overnight "free" period until the start of the next billing month
JrEwing

Good stuff....thanks for the info....much appreciated. Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Sorry for the late reply but hi from myself and the rest of the team here.
Just as a tip don't forget that if you run short on bandwidth towards the end of the month that any usage between midnight and 8am isn't counted towards your allowance.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team