cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Usage

The_10th
Grafter

Monthly Usage

Just wanted to know if PN are to review the monthly allowance offered on their BBYW products given the offerings from rival ISPs or allow 'carry-over' to compete on Bandwidth as well as quality?
5 REPLIES 5
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Monthly Usage

In a word unlikely
PNs allowances are based on the current and planned BT Wholesales pricing structure and as that is not changing any time soon, the allowances are likely to remain as is.
As for carrying over unused bandwidth, this was discussed at length on the old PAYGO broadband packages and the answer was no. As BBYW is similar, the answer is also likely to be the same.
Bandwidth does cost money and the current allowances have been set based on the BT prices and the price the customer pays together withj the costs for the BT central pipes.
You do get to download without restrictions off-peak which many take advantage of and if you can schedule large downloads overnight, it leaves your allowance for daily activities.
James
Grafter

Hi Geezer,
As Peter has said, it's rather unlikely.
We believe that we do offer a competitive product and we cannot compete with cross subsidised free services.
As Peter has also mentioned, please bear in mind that there are no limits on overnight usage.
pcoventry76
Grafter

40GB should be enough for anyone - when you think about it PN basically DO compete with other ISP's in the sense that they have a (for BBYW4 as an example) 40GB on peak unlimited off peak.
even on PRO and Option 1 - if you do all your download overnight using a scheduler or manually you have the potential to get alot more than you think.
All in All i might well pay PN £39,99 a month for BBYW4 with 832 UP but i get a hell of alot for my money
The_10th
Grafter

Thanks for taking time to reply. I am aware of the overnight usage which I for one, don't use - don't want a PC on overnight for one reason or another.
I post this as I know PN are looking for ways to improve and feel that they would get a larger market share by offering a bigger 'peak' offering as most of the average users wouldn't want to download overnight.
James
Grafter

Hi Geezer,
I do appreciate what you are saying.  However, we've already priced our products on the expected BT price changes and if we were to offer more usage, our products would then become loss leading.  We really are offering the best that we can! Of course you will see some ISPs offering products cheaper than ours, namely the free suppliers cross subsidising their products.
We simply cannot compete on price but feel we do offer more in areas, such as these forums Smiley