Did you mean: 

Mods - Damn cheek

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Mods - Damn cheek

For Moderators read Police
For User group read Union
Which would the Community consider most appropriate to fight our corner in a dispute.
PS I'm not a union fan under normal circumstances.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: James_G
Quote from: Spider
I agree we should trust the moderators to help us to win this campaign.

I'm interested to know why you feel the Mods are better place than the Usergroup to do such a thing?
If we could find out where you see the Usergroup as being less able than the moderators of this forum, we might be able to help assuage your doubts and gather your support.

Please state clearly where did I ever say that the Mods are better placed than the Usergroup to do such a thing?
As far as I am aware the Usergroup does not have any powers on this board to enforce the Forum Rules. Therefore I trust the Mods will uphold those rules and ensure that campaign threads are kept on topic to ensure that the message is not lost in off-topic posts.
Now please indicate how you become a member of the this 'elite' Usergroup and what specific relevance that as against the decisions of a mod on this forum.
Santiago
Grafter

I'm interested to know why you feel the Mods are better place than the Usergroup to do such a thing?

I suspect because many users of the community forum have no idea what the Usergroup is, what its purpose and scope is, who the members are, why they are members, how they got to be members.
Edit: Sorry Spider you posted just before me
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I think you have completely missed the point by a long way.
(1) Any user has the right to start a poll if they wish as long as it's within the forum rules.
(2) Mods do not have the right to suppress content on this forum because THEY intend doing something at a later date.
(3) These forums are for users use not just mods.
(4) Customers may ask anything within forum rules, it does NOT have to be a comprehensive list and they certainly do not have to wait to see if PlusNet change anything.
(5) Suppressing users legal post/polls amounts to censorship not moderating.
Quote from: jelv

There is a need to
1. Give Plusnet time to consider and respond to the considerable criticism that has been thrown at them since Tuesday.
2. A comprehensive poll (or set of polls as I don't think these forums have the mod that allows multiple questions in a single topic) to address all aspects of the product refresh.
The locked poll is here. The question is very narrow and only explores part of the issue (i.e. would you recommend PN with the 18 month contract), it doesn't explore whether existing users would switch to one of the new products, if they wouldn't why they wouldn't, and what they might do otherwise (e.g. stay put or move to another ISP).
People get fed up with poll after poll, if this poll had been allowed to run, it is highly likely that the numbers voting in a more constructive poll next week would be reduced. Also Plusnet will just dismiss polls which as geewizz said, just proves that knees jerk.
Now is not the time for fighting among ourselves (Plusnet would be delighted if that happens as it would draw some of the anger away from themselves), now is the time for united action to divert Plusnet from the disastrous path on which it has embarked. As the only elected representatives of the community (although that was not what they were elected to do) we must trust the moderators to help us win this campaign.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Spider
I agree we should trust the moderators to help us to win this campaign.

If we could find out where you see the Usergroup as being less able than the moderators of this forum, we might be able to help assuage your doubts and gather your support.

How many posts about the new product set have there been on the public boards on the PUG forums?
What responsibilities do PUG members have on these forums (if they are not also moderators)?
How were the PUG members elected?
QED
If PUG were to put together a draft poll to be posted on these forums I'm sure that the moderators would look on it favourably - a poll jointly promoted by PUG and the moderators... (hint, hint)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As the whole point of this thread was in relation to the alleged overstepping of a Mod's jurisdiction surely these are exceptional circumstances and as such merit exceptional actions. 
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Public request to the moderators. Please lock this topic.
Why?
Now is not the time for fighting among ourselves (Plusnet would be delighted if that happens as it would draw some of the anger away from themselves), now is the time for united action to divert Plusnet from the disastrous path on which it has embarked. As the only elected representatives of the community (although that was not what they were elected to do) we must trust the moderators to help us win this campaign.

Could anybody who supports this view post a very simple request similar to the first line of this post please. Having done that I suggest if it is not locked we ignore it and hope it sinks in to oblivion.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
glloyd
Rising Star

Why because you don't agree with the subject? Looks like you agree with censorship as well. Different story when you start massive threads all over the place.
Public request to the moderators. Please lock this topic.
Spider
Grafter

Public request to Moderators - DO NOT lock this thread.
This thread is not breaking any forum rules and so should be allowed to continue as the discussion is valid.
The_10th
Grafter

I don't know exactly what the 'preferred poll' would entail but is it really necessary? Just look at the overwhelmingly negative comments about the 'new' products on the community site alone!  Roll_eyes
madjbright
Grafter

Seeing that the question in glloyd's poll was:
Question: Will you still recommend PlusNet now there is an 18 month contract
I do not see that the answer would have been knee jerk. I for one had to make a decision about that very question. On Wednesday evening I had a meeting with the committee from a local charity to discuss their options for hosting their Web site (which is currently hosted on my PlusNet space since my wife was an employee) and for broadband access. Before Tuesday recommending PlusNet would have been simple but by Wednesday I could not honestly recommend PlusNet and they will be using an alternative supplier.
scootie
Grafter

As you all know by now its become a full time job keeping up with all the post and views on the forum since the products  launch.
The deatiled poll will put all the negative and postive views of the pn customers/comunity users into a an easy readable view and having a team of people (mods or not) setting up and organizing the poll's will make it easyer for users to view and understand
As for locking the op's poll i do think the best mod thing to do would of bein to PM the op and tell them that the mod's have a plan to do a deatiled poll nxt week and request the op thinks about closing there poll in light of this.
wouldnt it be now better to spend time on disscusing what option's ect should be used in the poll's that have caused this moding police arrgument and get back on track improving plusnet for the customers of now and future.
we need to unite and stand up against  margaret thatcher aka BT and leave any arrugments about moding errors  till after the strom has passed
chillypenguin
Grafter

plusnet have already read, discussed and planned their actions as a result of the feedback from the link:pug and community. At present they are consulting with the link:pug and I am sure that they will be along early next week to fill in the community.
Just hang in there  Wink
mal0z
Grafter

OK - started a poll on the specific question "What do you think of the new 18 month contract conditions"
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74105.0.html
But that broke no forum rules - did it ?
So I too believe the mod acted outside of his remit.
Furthermore - there was not a PM either before or afterwards, which I consider very unfortunate and impolite.
I did vote in both mod elections, and consider they do a difficult job at times, but it not their job to censor free speech.
glloyd
Rising Star

And they did not have the decency to reply when I complained either!
jim:quote