cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modification of SNR

itlity
Grafter

Modification of SNR

I noticed a few weeks ago that my SNR went from about 9 down to 6, without me requesting anything. Accordingly my line went up to 8Mbs and above though my profile remained unchanged.
The SNR was changed in sept 2007 from 6 to 9 as I had no connections or lost of connections during the morning between 7h00 to 9h00. Since then, wonderful connection!
However, I have noticed over the last few days the problem kicks back. Nothing major as I simply have to retry only a couple of seconds after but I don't want to go back to the issues I had.
My point is simple: do I need to raise a ticket to come back to an SNR of 9?
And why this has changed without me requesting it and without giving me the benefit of increasing my profile?!
Patrice
2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Modification of SNR

The chances are the exchange DLM thinks you've got a nice stable line and has automatically done it. If you keep having drops it will probably go back to 9 by itself in due course.
However if you want to get the best out of your line, the way to do it when you have  a 6dB Target and occasional drops when it's noisy, is to re-sync when it's noisy rather than when it's quiet.
If you know when it's noisiest, do it then, otherwise monitor you SNRM for a couple of days and you should see when. Beware that  there is thunder and lightning about in some areas at the moment, you should ignore any extremes from the lightning static and look at the overall picture. You may lose sync in the static anyway!
itlity
Grafter

Re: Modification of SNR

Thanks for the advice Chris, I'll have a try.
Patrice