Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators Elections - Voting thread [SPLIT FROM POLL RESULTS]

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Moderators Elections - Voting thread [SPLIT FROM POLL RESULTS]

Quote from: Devonports
Or what about a completely seperate discussion board on the forums that was only made public when new moderators are being looked for and for a couple of weeks after the voting has closed. It would then be made private (For mods only) again until the next time there is an election.

Or what about a SMF news item which will appear just below the titles on every page (assuming this wasn't messed up when the forums were skinned)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

The forum news item doesn't work because of the re-skin...That was an option I looked at earlier on.
avalon
Grafter

Well I've put my votes in.  I agree that all the candidates are worthy though.  I agree though that perhaps a larger pool of part-time mods might make life easier.  I've never stood for election, I simply couldn't commit the time required to pull my weight in such a small team of mods.
Santiago
Grafter

such a small team of mods.

It appears they want to keep it that way too
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

...for now Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Spider
Grafter

Having looked and found each candidate worthy of the positions. I have decided I can not show favoritism to two candidates  and there abstain from this round of elections.
avalon
Grafter

I can understand that view, but the election process is as much about showing approval of those nominated/elected as it is anything else.  Like it or not two candidates will be elected this time. Is it better that it is a close contest with lots of votes for each candidate, or a close contest with only a handful of votes for each candidate?  Given that all the candidates are pretty good choices then the spread of votes will probably work out similar whether 100's vote or 20, so the same people would probably be elected.  However, it shows more approval by the community of those elected if they have the backing of 100's of voters rather than only a handful.
mal0z
Grafter

That's the view I settled on, having originally said I wouldn't vote...........
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

What concerns me more is that out of 677 Thread Views, only 33 voters have been registered their votes.
It's your community guys and gals..

EDIT: Spelling mistake.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Yes, it would be nice to get a few more voting particularly as they are viewing the thread anyway.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I fully agree with me's post.
I always vote in a government general election even though I may consider none of the parties worthy of election.
And yes it is the same. It's a case of picking the best of a bad bunch....or in this case the better two from a very good bunch. Smiley
Edit: in your opinion of course Wink so please get voting...
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: Chemical
What concerns me more is that out of 677 Thread Views, only 33 voters have been registered their votes.
It's your community guys and gals..
EDIT: Spelling mistake.

Yes it is our community. There was also an eight page thread with 1798 views and 124 replies [at this time] about the moderator structure. Many people either suggested or supported various ways to revise or a least review the way moderation works in the community. Lots of people offered to contribute to the community.This appears to have been ignored along with the input of many people. I am not surprised that people are choosing not to vote.
Edit: Grammar
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I sincerely hope the lack of votes in this election is not due to a lack of interest and believe from the results of the poll I recently started that this is not the case.
I have therefore started another poll to allow people to say if they have voted of if not why not: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73706.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
avalon
Grafter

Quote from: Chemical

But those 677 thread views will most likely be made up of multiple visits from a much smaller number of individuals who are interested in the voting.  I'd expect most of the mods and candidates have visited the thread a number of times, I know I have.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

@ me
I agree with what you are saying, however, it's still a disproportionately high amount of page views in relation to the number of votes..
@ santiago - I assure you that nobody is ignoring the views on the community about the proposed new moderating structure, however, we're still discussing how it can be best implemented in a way that is totally agreeable to everyone - although the addage "You can only please some of the people some of the time" springs to mind.
@everyone.
Please also bear in mind that I had wanted to send a message via the forum to every registered forum member, but this was thwarted by PN - this would have most definitely increased coverage, but instead it's being published in the next newsletter, which was supposed to go out this week, - sadly this is now going out next week (pretty much useless, as the elections finish next week)due to the fact they sent a marketing email out this week on referral bonuses - so either way we've had obstacles put in our way on how to get increased coverage.
I'm sure once this round of elections is out of the way and we have the new moderators on board, we'll "get out act together"
Chemical Brother