Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators Elections - Voting thread [SPLIT FROM POLL RESULTS]

chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: Moderators Elections - Voting thread [SPLIT FROM POLL RESULTS]

Quote from: pierre_pierre
going back to the last vote, which mod has the radio controlled clock?

Just don't use the clock on your eee  Wink
Spider
Grafter

We are now down to the last hour of voting. I wonder what time the first mod will get up on this glorious Sunday morning?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Early enough to stop you seeing the result  Grin
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Moved at 08:36:55  Cool
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

For transparency, I have split Barry's original Post with the Poll away from this thread and placed this thread back into the public forums for further discussion.
EDIT: I also forgot to thank everyone for their support in this most recent Moderator election, and for the valuable input that given in this thread.
Once the newly appointed moderators are settled in, we will most likely discuss other options on appointing moderators in the future and will keep everyone posted on what is happening. We will most likely include the community in this discussion.
I would personally like to ask everyone concerned to be patient for a while, and that when the time is right, we will carry on the discussions with everyone.
Thank you all again for your support, and apologies for the initial oversight causing the voting to be restarted,
glyndev
Grafter

Whats taking so long ???.
We get general election results a lot quicker than this.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you check what was said would happen after the poll closed I would suggest you are being a little unreasonable. Firstly I expect they are communicating with each other to confirm that none of them were aware of any irregularities. Then they said that they would be contacting the successful candidates to confirm that they are still willing to take the position (have all five candidates been online today?) and I would expect them to be contacting the other candidates out of courtesy. It being Sunday any of them could be out for the day. Only after they've had the necessary acknowledgements will the result be announced. Don't forget also that the moderators are private individuals who are entitled to their own lives as well (back to the deprecated comparison with general elections where the officials are paid).
I'll be starting to wonder what's going on if we haven't heard something by Monday evening - in the meantime does it really make that much difference to you whether you hear now or tomorrow?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

No
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
chillypenguin
Grafter

This does seam to be a new process, on all previous elections, the result is reveled to community at the end of the poll.
Contact is made with the winning candidate(s) to ensure that they still wish to become a moderator, then the announcements are made.
zubel
Community Veteran

Just waiting to hear back from one of the successful candidates, and all will be revealed Tongue
B.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: jelv
.............................................................................................I'll be starting to wonder what's going on if we haven't heard something by Monday evening - in the meantime does it really make that much difference to you whether you hear now or tomorrow?

No it certainly doesn't - patience is a virtue  Shocked
Quote from: Strat
............................Very well quoted out of context BTW...worthy of Fleet Street Wink Smiley

I'm not sure whether comparing these forums to Fleet street is good or bad  Wink
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Off Topic Interlude
I'm quite certain we have higher journalistic standards around here although it's not that difficult considering the tabloid press Roll_eyes Wink Smiley
/Off Topic Interlude
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
zubel
Community Veteran

And the results are in, checked, confirmed and they are::
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73528.0.html
B.
geewizz
Grafter

NOW can we debate the unnecessary  and officious rigmarole that leads to a three month delay between needing moderators and actually appointing some?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I would suggest that now is not the time to do that.
The priority now must be for the newly appointed moderators to be shown around the new forums they will now have access to, taken through the moderators handbook, helped to set up the shortcuts or whatever to generate the moderators notes in the correct format and generally bedded in to the role. Once that has been done and the moderating load is been spread around more there should be more time for the moderators to consider all the points made during the recent discussions and come up with some alternatives for all users to comment and perhaps vote upon.
All I would like to see at this stage is for a target date for that to happen to be published.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)