Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators Elections - Voting thread [SPLIT FROM POLL RESULTS]

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Moderators Elections - Voting thread [SPLIT FROM POLL RESULTS]

This topic discussing the election of moderators has been split from the main poll following the conclusion of the election to allow the moderators to check the results and contact the candidates before announcing the result. See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73977.msg586834.html#msg586834 for the moderators statement on this split.

I will not be voting because I think all four are very good candidates and I'd like to see all four become moderators to quickly build the team up to a better strength.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
157 REPLIES 157
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Re: Moderators Elections - Voting thread [SPLIT FROM POLL RESULTS]

When does the poll close?
Question: Which TWO Moderators would you like to place your votes with:(Voting closes: Sat 14-02-2009, 18:49:23)

Quote from: Barry
The election will stay open until 11pm next Thursday evening (12th February) whereby the moderators will check the votes and contact the successful candidates.
Be3G
Grafter

While I'm not sure I'll abstain from voting, I would like to say that I agree with jelv - all four are worthy candidates and it therefore does seem a little silly to only accept two of them.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

How about an extra option is added to allow us to vote that all four are made moderators?
Edit: And to get my reply to your objection in first, appointing all four wouldn't mean all four had to take up the post at the same time with the consequent problems with training and hand holding.
geewizz
Grafter

I vote for all four, and for the option to vote for all four, and for the due democratic process which allows us to use the word "whereby" whenever we feel the urge.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Maybe a silly question but....
Can the canditates vote? Not for ourselves but for one of the others. I note the vote option is fully available to me.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

ChemicalBrother
Grafter

You can vote for whoever you wish.. even yourself  Wink
geewizz
Grafter

Oh jesus! I've changed my mind. can I have 3 votes please?
Spider
Grafter

I would like to add my vote to appointing all four candidates and therefore have not voted in the poll. I am in agreement that it best to stagger start dates though.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I agree totally with jelv and will not be voting, all 4 seem worthy. I indicated my thoughts on voting here
Santiago
Grafter

I am not voting for just two
Make the four of them moderators and be done with it.
mal0z
Grafter

I tend to agree - in the absence of other information - I'm not voting now - as mayvbe all four should be given a chance - on a probationary period.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Reading the recent posts in this thread I have a comment to make in my non moderator capacity.
If it is intended that this time we would not have an election but appoint all four candidates, because a small group think that would be a good idea, it may well create a precedent so that the next time new moderators are needed any volunteers will expect to be added to the moderator ranks without a vote subject to being acceptable to the existing moderators.
I would ask the longer standing members to remember the fuss which was created when the moderators were considered to be a controlling clique and there were no elections.
This could take us back to those days and I for one don't fancy that one bit.
I appreciate that these are all excellent candidates but that is rather beside the point. They would still be unelected if all four were to be appointed despite the original post only asking for 2 new moderators.
I feel very tempted to start a new poll on the lines of blow democracy lets go back to the old system of appointing anyone who volunteers if the existing moderators consider them to be acceptable. I will however resist that temptation as it would likely only stir up even more trouble.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

/voice in the wilderness
Personally I feel there is currently a procedure in place for the election of Moderators and I will abide by it.
Once this has run its course then by all means discuss changes but now is not the time.
Derailing the train as it approaches the station is not the way in my humble opinion.
voice in the wilderness/
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mal0z
Grafter

I think Strat should stand as a Mod  Smiley