Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem/Router Advice (Part 1)

FIXED
phelgan1
Fixes: 1

Modem/Router Advice (Part 1)

Hello,

In the last few days, started experiencing drop outs on the Internet on our Thomson TG585 v8 router and a noisy phone line (both broadband and phone are Plusnet). Went through the proscribed steps on tracing the fault, and the phones behave (not noisy) when the router is disconnected from the filter. To confirm it was the router I managed to borrow a friend's spare (Huawei HG633 (TalkTalk)) and this is working normally with our home devices.

Given the age of the Thomson (we had it when we joined Plusnet in March 2011), I assume this is a hardware fault, but wondered if anyone had any ideas about possible cause?

Given its age I wouldn't be too worried about replacing it, HOWEVER, one thing the Huawei is failing on, is allowing us to access our work servers from home, something we are (were!) able to do with the Thomson. (this is the topic of another post)

Cheers,

P

My question is Again, given the age, its not too bad having to replace it HOWEVER (always a however!), while the replacement works well for our home devices, we are unable to establish a connection to our work

Soo

1 REPLY 1
phelgan1
Fixes: 1

Re: Modem/Router Advice (Part 1)

Fix

Ahem, may have jumped the gun here 🙄. 2 days later all is fine with the thomson router and the phones. The Openreach van at the end of the road yesterday amde me wonder...