Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moan moan adsl2+ is slow

James
Grafter

Re: Moan moan adsl2+ is slow

That interleave depth is rather high.
I can try turning interleaving off if you like?
caapro
Grafter

yup try turning it off.
caapro
Grafter

any update of the interlever buisness, ive had a couple of outages from friday for about 3 hours each which isnt normal.
caapro
Grafter

Also i saw someone elses post talking about bt line checker so i imputed my number, this is what it said.
Should get:
ADSL upto 2mb
ADSL MAX 4.5mb or greater
ADSL2+ 6MB or greater
scootie
Grafter

if you allready know your atten on your line then the kitz calcultor is better than bt's database http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php
i belive the results are on 6db noise margin on the kitz calc so basically its a best effoft calc
grahamt
Rising Star

I haven't been around on the forums for a while, or I would have chipped in earlier.
A downstream sync speed of around 3067-3070 indicates (I think) that BT have placed you on a 'banded profile'. The DLM has determined that your line is unstable at a higher speed that you had in the past - maybe for just a short while - and has capped you.
I just recently learned that BT banded profiles are very crude. You get 0-3mb/s, 3-6, etc, with nothing in between. (I was trying to get a band with a maximum of around 4.5mb/s, which is the best I think my line will sustain, but I was told by the PN Faults team that this was impossible at present.)
Graham
James
Grafter

@ Caapro
I've been off for a few days, sorry Smiley
I'll get your order placed now.
caapro
Grafter

Thx Jameseh, the router stats app now reads......
downstream rx:
Noise Margin:    20.0  dB
Connection Rate:  3072  Kbps
Line Attenuation: 51.0  dB
Power:            0.0  dBm
Max Rate:        6876  Kbps

SF:              1116076
SF Errors:        48
Reed Solomon:    0
RS Corrected:    0
RS Un-Corrected:  0
HEC:              37
Errored Seconds:  141
Severe ES:        3
Interleave Depth: 1

Upstream tx:
Noise Margin:    9.5  dB
Connection Rate:  824  Kbps
Line Attenuation: 31.3  dB
Power:            12.9  dBm
Max Rate:        860  Kbps

SF:              1009738
SF Errors:        0
Reed Solomon:    0
RS Corrected:    0
RS Un-Corrected:  0
HEC:              0
Errored Seconds:  0
Severe ES:        0
Interleave Depth: 1

So looks like it was turned off, my question is regards to the other poster about banded profiles.  Looks like the only way to get off a banded profile is to "reset" the line line and have bt wonderfull dlm do its worsed again, would that be the case?  Also would my line have been reset with regarrdss to the interleveler thingy being turned off?  should i wait it out over 10 days to see if any changes arise?
itsme
Grafter

You can tell whether interleave is on or off by the Interleave Depth figure. Previously it was 160 and now it's 1. A value of 1 mean that interleave is off. Your downstream sync has remained the same but the SNRM has increased to 20dB. Don't know whether PN can request this to be lowered?
caapro
Grafter

yeah i saw that to, i havent read up much on the noise margain stuff but i think its supposed to be around the 6db figure - with a 20db figure what would be the possative or negative about it?
thx
craig
adie:quote
caapro
Grafter

just an update, my figures have finally chaged from that 3070 nonsence - heres the stats atm.
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 4544 kbps 819 kbps
Line Attenuation 54.5 db 31.4 db
Noise Margin 14.5 db 9.6 db
James
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
You can tell whether interleave is on or off by the Interleave Depth figure. Previously it was 160 and now it's 1. A value of 1 mean that interleave is off. Your downstream sync has remained the same but the SNRM has increased to 20dB. Don't know whether PN can request this to be lowered?
Worth pointing out that 20dB isn't a target noise margin - they only go upto 18dB.
@caapro - Glad to see your sync rate has gone up Smiley
manastro
Grafter

Just a brief note..........
For a short time whilst the DSLAM was playing silly beggars with my line a few weeks ago, I ended up with an interleave depth of 384