Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed fast/interleaved operation?

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 3

Mixed fast/interleaved operation?

After what I consider a long time - a few hundred hours - of continuous sync, the line re-synced this AM at 3.6Mbps interleaved down and 32kbps fast up Shocked Cry Followed the "approved" re-sync procedure and got back to a reasonable 3.6Mbps/560kbps interleaved, a drop of 90kbps "up" from the previous stable state.
I didn't think mixed operation was possible and, I would have thought, a very strange idea.
Just as I went to send this, there were two re-syncs in quick succession - a slight increase down and a change to 200kbps and then 296kbps up. No noise with a quiet line test but there was a sudden burst of heavy rain - perhaps the cabinet was open Roll_eyes
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Mixed fast/interleaved operation?

Your line can be on fast path on one way and interleaved on the other, this comes from the DLM, not anything we can configure or request manually.
It looks like your upload is currently at 576kbps which seems to be an improvement.
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Mixed fast/interleaved operation?

Thanks for that, Chris, though with the FEC errors I usually get ..... Wink
Looks as if something unknown has been going on. I had repeated re-syncs yesterday after posting, with up speeds varying widely. Early this AM there was a re-sync and no internet connection until about 10:00 (when I turned the modem-router back on after a shortish "off" time) - the log had:
  netMakeChannDial: err=-3001 {IF incoming only?}
or
  netMakeChannDial: err=-3004  {no IF}
The line is running slightly slower since then (SNRM around 7.5 both ways), but has not dropped. The speed is acceptable, so will leave it and see what happens Smiley
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.