Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miracle

apepp
Grafter

Miracle

...the ongoing saga remains really...
...i do not turn my router off, ever.
I have already had an openreach engineer in and he has put a box on the wall that does not require an external filter.
I have been with a previous ISP (who also went via BT Wholesale like many other companies do) for some 8 years before Plusnet.
I now find that since switching, I have been encountering seemingly inexplicable speed and or connection issues over my initial first year with Plusnet.
Having an engineer on or in my house to put boxes on the walls is a waste of time and frankly clueless guessing.
My explanations appear to fall on deaf ears, that seemingly have intent on one passing the buck to another, even despite my comparison to another ISP (using the same cables from my house not encountering such issues) that I have been since Plusnet got me on a board has ended up with connection problems.
Of course, upon adding a fault report into plusnet, the connection somehow miraculously gets set properly.
adie:orange all caps title removed.
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Miracle

Hi and sorry to hear about the issue with your service. It looks like the connection has been fairly intermittent so my advice would be to see how this goes over the next 24 hours or so. If it does start to drop again we'll be able to look into that for you.
Bear with us and you should have a reply to ticket 79215574 soon either way.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
apepp
Grafter

art15t
Grafter

Apepp I assure you you are not alone with this problem. Since I joined PN two weeks ago I've been disconnected by BT, two engineer visits, new master sockets, new filters, different routers not to mention hours of disruption and inconvenience to my wife (who works from home) and paying for Annex M that just can't be delivered. As per you observations I too mentioned no such issues with my previous ISP and nothing changed but the engineer de-LLu'ing me to route through BTW. Alas I'm made to chase BT, log countless faults/tickets/updates and still to no avail. Now they want to come to my premises for a third time even after tests showed a perfect line to the exchange just a few hundred metres away.
I do though give praise to Steve from CSC who's taken ownership and followed this through BUT as a new customer I'm not impressed with this saga and I see too, too many complaints from other customers who are waiting on support responeses after a day or more with updates just stopping altogether or more pain as they go through the fault finding process ...even though everything was fine prior to the switch.
I hope you manage to get your matter sorted because if mine isn't come one month from my service being activated I'll deem that failure to provide the services as requested and inform PN as such and bye-bye!
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @apepp
The upstream definitely is uncapped so there's an issue at play there. Diagnostics haven't shown me anything obvious so I'd advise raising a fault specific to that issue at http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
apepp
Grafter

...my understanding is that Plusnet are owned and run by BT Group anyway (running at over 200% profit and probably claiming poverty, whilst seemingly unable to employ the milllions of inexperienced peasant folk)...so the thought of going to BT will likely not make much to any difference (other than price)...akin to buying your gas, it is coming from the national grid anyway.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

apepp
Grafter

...all of it is wrong, £20 billion revenue in 2012 if one wants to split hairs?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Group
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You said 200% profit - that is complete rubbish and nothing to do with splitting hairs
The numbers are actually
18 billion turnover and 2 billion profit after tax - so go on explain where the 200% profit comes from
apepp
Grafter

...what i said is complete cynical exaggeration, in frustration at english apathy.
Openreach - "a fenced-off wholesale division, responsible for the "last mile" of BT's access network in GB and tasked with ensuring that rival operators have equality of access to BT's local network".
...not in my experience, or of that of the ISPs paying BT I expect.
..in the words of the wise "I'm a grumpy sod, and it's not my fault!".