cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to 21CN

sotonskyblue
Grafter

Migration to 21CN

Seems my exchange (ASHURST) is finally moving forward and getting 21CN between 1st and end of December this year.
Being a Plusnet unlimited user will I automatically be migrated to this?  Is this likley during december or are delays typical?
3 REPLIES 3
Dmitchell
Grafter

Re: Migration to 21CN

Hi there.
I have checked on your exchange and we're seeing the ready date for ADSL2+ as "31-12-2013".
We do bulk upgrades for 20cn customers twice a year but this may not be until March 2014.
The best thing to do is give us a call once the exchange has been upgraded in December, we can then place the order for you and have you on 21CN in 24 working hours (No additional Costs).
The estimates for your line once you're on 21cn are showing at 4mb.
Dean
sotonskyblue
Grafter

Thanks for the info Dean.
Yes i noticed last week on the BT ADSL availbility check it was showing ADSL2 at end of December 2013.  The latest WBC SFBB dataset (https://www.btwholesale.com/shared/document/Library/Network_Information/21CN_Broadband_Availibility/WBC_SFBB_Dataset_20130905.xls) was saying from 1st to end of December.
In terms of the estimates I guess we'll see.  They currently estimate 2.5-6.5MB for ADSL max and I'm currently sync'd around 7.1 and nice and stable for the last month.
Dmitchell
Grafter

If you're currently syncing at 7.1mb with no issues on the connection then I'd be pretty sure you'll have no issues receiving anything up to 12mb (Don't quote me on that).
You''ll almost certainly notice the difference either way. Smiley