Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration in problem?

gary42
Grafter

Migration in problem?

Bit of an odd one this.
Due to migrate in (John Lewis product) on 31st from full LLU with Vivaciti (Based on TalkTalk exchange equipment)
This morning I lost dial tone however the ADSL connection still seems to be working OK  with my Vivaciti account details. As of now I still have no dial tone.
The odd thing is that my upstream has dropped from around 1022 to 443 which from memory is the capped upstream sync that Plusnet use on new connections.
From this I'm guessing that some work has taken place to move me back to BT exchange equipment and some part of that process has gone wrong.
Plusnet say that nothing has been updated on the order to say that migration has taken place and pointed me back to Vivaciti.
Vivaciti say the same however they are raising a fault and I'm waiting for a call back.
Do you think my assumption above is a likely scenario?
Gary
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Migration in problem?

I've had broadband but no dial tone with a plain old telephone fault (corroded wires at an underground joint in the street).  So I would not completely discount that possibility.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Gary,
I have checked your line and we have no ownership of your line at present so we would/have not made any amendments to your line, once this has gone active with us and if you're still having problems then we'll certainly look into this straight away.
gary42
Grafter

Thanks Chris.
Fault raised with Openreach at the moment so will see what comes back.
Just nervous about losing my number in the transfer.
Gary
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Just make your current provider aware that you are keeping the number as that is what it will come down too.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@gary42
I just thought I'd check the progress of the orders to move your service to us.
I can see that the order to migrate your number and transfer the phone service over to us completed today so do let us know if you're still having issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team