cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Waitrose.com dial-up and keeping waitrose email address?

m063
Grafter

Migrating from Waitrose.com dial-up and keeping waitrose email address?

Just been talking to a neighbour who will probably go to Plusnet BBYW Option 1 at my recommendation.
They are currently on Waitrose dial-up. They would like to keep their waitrose.com email address. The Waitrose Ts&Cs say that this is ony possible if they downgrade to Pay-as-you-Go and use dial-up once every 35 days.
As I understand it, Waitrose.com is run by Madasafish (or at least by Brightview). Given that the Madasafish infrastructure is being merged with Plusnet I'm assuming that Plusnet will now be operating waitrose.com.
If that is true, is there any way that an arrangement could be made for them to keep their waitrose.com email address active without having to dial up?
Thanks
Martin
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Migrating from Waitrose.com dial-up and keeping waitrose email address?

Hi Martin,
Whilst you are correct in stating that Waitrose Broadband is run and maintained by Brightview, Waitrose and PlusNet/MAAF run on two completely separate platforms so unfortunately we wouldn't be able to offer anything like what you are looking for sadly.
chillypenguin
Grafter

My parents have also moved from Waitrose Dial-up to PlusNet Broardband, and Waitrose DO remove your e-mail address once you stop using there service.
But we did get plenty of warnings, and reminders.
Chilly
m063
Grafter

On further reading it appears that it may be possible to set up a Justmail account which would retain the Pay-as-you-go email address.
I'll follow that idea up over on the Madasafish forum on Thinkbroadband.
Thanks for swift replies.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

I have also just moved from Waitrose.com to Plusnet.
My intention is to use dial-up once a month for a couple of months so that I can 'clean-up' the email account (i.e. make sure that everyone I want to knows my new address, unsubscribe to any email alerts I no longer want, etc), and then ditch the address along with the spam!
It is a bit of a pain having to change setup from BB to dial-up, and remember to power down the router beforehand, for two XP accounts, and then have to reverse the changes. Is there a simpler way of achieving the same result?
My other car isn't a Ferrari
Not applicable

Why power off the router?
Just go to your network connnections, and double-click the dial-up connection, and it'll connect.
Presumably they use the login activity to determine how often its been used, so just doing that every 30 days would be fine IMO.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Thanks James.
If all Waitrose want to keep the account open is a once-a-month connection with no minimum spend, then that's what I'll do.
My other car isn't a Ferrari