Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating and previous ISP being difficult

mal0z
Grafter

Migrating and previous ISP being difficult

Quote from: brewerdave
Have to agree with Mal0z about quality of Plusnet vs opposition eg Orange; as another newbie I am having an inordinate amount of problems with my previous ISP - part of their Company acknowledges that I have migrated (early Sept) and that my account is closed - another part of the same organisation is threatening me with legal action over unpaid subs and recently wrote to me to tell me that they were going to cease my internet!!! Just try dealing with an Indian call centre!!!! Crazy

Started  a new thread.
I have now had three letters from Pipex ( Tiscalli ) first two saying unpaid bill and that they have stopped outgoing calls and only 999 calls available - and I never had phone service from them !!!, Pipex tried but couldn't complete the process somehow.
I moved B/B here late August.!
Yesterday another letter - this time from Pipex customer relations - saying sorry about problem but could I send them a copy of go live letter from new ISP ..
So I email part of my go live email  Angry Angry Angry
I told them to contact  Plus.net  🙂  - sorry guys
I refuse point blank to phone them on their 0871 10p / min lines and wait on the line for 15 to 20 minutes.

9 REPLIES 9
puddy
Grafter

Re: Migrating and previous ISP being difficult

Quote from: mal0z
I refuse point blank to phone them on their 0871 10p / min lines and wait on the line for 15 to 20 minutes.

I hate these telephone numbers your paying them to complain about their bad service total madness.
Have a look on
http://www.saynoto0870.com  to see if you can phone them any cheaper
try these numbers
0161 4515328 credit control
020 33028401
0161 4515000
0161 4515042 billing
0161 4511000 HQ
020 33028403 customer services
020 33028402 Customer services agents
0161 4515100 Manchester HQ
puddy
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

The only way I got through to someone in Tiscali who could do anything was by written letters, sent by recorded delivery, to their formal complaints address (in Milton Keynes I think) PLUS following the ISPA complaints process to its conclusion (level 3) TWICE.
They were chasing me for non-existent debts for about 9 months after I moved away; complete administrative disaster on their side.
Eventually someone phoned me who promised they would deal with it and that they would send me written confirmation of the conversation.
Well the written confirmation never arrived but neither did anything else, i.e. no more threats, so I think they've given up.
mal0z
Grafter

Thanks Puddy -
yes I tried several of those numbers and they seem to have either closed or changed the numbers - the trouble they go to close off those routes
and thanks HP I thought  Pipex are only signed up to http://www.cisas.org.uk/
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

From a quick look CISAS and ISPA operate similar schemes.
You do need to follow the processes carefully, keep full records and watch the time limits.
In my case Tiscali didn't respond to my initial complaints within the timescale set by their own rules (and ISPA's) allowing me to trigger the ISPA process myself.
Are Pipex still operating as a separate company though? I noticed a while back that only the business products were being sold separately and any domestic enquiry just leads to Tiscali. Existing customers will probably be different.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z
Thanks Puddy -
yes I tried several of those numbers and they seem to have either closed or changed the numbers - the trouble they go to close off those routes

got a fax number 02079061000 if it helps
i tried most of the phone numbers and they are all giving the engaged tone me thinks its a feature net phone system so if you ring up on monday they should work
puddy
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I was going to say don't forget it's holiday time for admin.!
mal0z
Grafter

especially up here in Scotland - it's a bank holiday  Smiley Smiley Smiley
mal0z
Grafter

Well - good news I think.
I've just got an email from Pipex/Tiscalli saying that their invoice was incorrect, and they are closing the account finally !!!.
Mind you - it took two letters and about 4 emails.
Makes you wonder who set's up these admin / computer systems - it must cost the companies a small fortune in dealing with complaints.
No doubt there is already another letter in the slow 2nd class Christmas /New year post.  Cool
joncooper
Grafter

I once had phone provision through Tiscali, I was still getting bills over two years after I left
They would be for odd tiny amounts, £2:45, £3:76, etc - when I asked abuot it they said "it's odd calls you made that have just come through the system"
I asked for a final settlement bill, and asked that it specify it was a final settlememt
then just refered then to that for about 6 more months
I did once get a call from a debt collection agency, but I just said "It's Tiscali and I dispute the bill"
the debt collection agency said they hated Tiscali and never called again