cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated from Metronet to Plusnet "Up to 20 Mbit" but no ADSL2 speeds

crisfells

Migrated from Metronet to Plusnet "Up to 20 Mbit" but no ADSL2 speeds

I seem to have been upgraded to same old basic ADSL1 rate of Mbits I was already on.  I filed a ticket and am being told 18th August to be changed over to ADSL2+  Seems like a long time to flip a switch.  Is it possible I am connect to the ADSL2 system as promised but am simply not enabled as ADSL2 and someone just needs to set the flag.  Seems unlikely I would be migrated to the slow speed system.
Can anyone help.  I see much discussion that people have to fight to be ADSL2 enabled.
Thanks Cris
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Migrated from Metronet to Plusnet "Up to 20 Mbit" but no ADSL2 speeds

I expect Plusnet staff will reply in the morning, but I imagine moving you to Plusnet has been all 'internal systems' work so far. Effectively you'll have exactly the same physical connection but it pops up to a different place on Plusnet's systems. So still on the ADSLmax service type and speeds.
Having got that phase completed, the next one will be for BT to physically change things at the exchange so that your line is switched from a 20CN DSLAM to a 21CN MSAN which will provide ADSL2+. This requires cables re-patched, it's not simply flicking a switch.
Doing one thing at a time perhaps takes a little longer but the chances of major problems are significantly reduced.
David
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Migrated from Metronet to Plusnet "Up to 20 Mbit" but no ADSL2 speeds

Hi crisfells,
When we migrate a customer to Plusnet, it's normal for us to do it like for like. To move someone to ADSL2+ it takes more than just the flick of a switch. An engineer needs to physically move the line from the 20CN DSLAM to the 21CN MSAN. Normally these orders take 7 days minimum. The order that has been placed for you is part of our bulk migrations, and as there are many more to do, there is a longer lead time. I've just enquired about trying to cancel that and place on manually, but by the time the cancellation goes through and a new order is placed it wouldn't get done much before the 18th, I'm afraid.
Jojo Smiley