Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metronet to Plusnet?

randpwar
Grafter

Metronet to Plusnet?

Hi,
I’m an existing Metronet PAYgo Option 2 customer. I have recently upgraded very old equipment and moved into this century! (James, thanks for answer concerning router yesterday) which means that with the new speeds my lad spends longer watching the Power Rangers on YouTube because they now actually work!. All of this has meant that I’ve recently gone over the 2gig limit quite often. I notice that Plus Net Option 2 is only £1.24 per month more but offers 15gig usage (let’s see him go over that!). How easy is it to transfer over to Plusnet? Would I be able to go back to the same or another Metronet product? What would I lose? The 24/7 Metronet helpdesk have been absolutely marvellous in the past, I would dread losing access to them. Can you advise please.
Best Wishes
Rob 
18 REPLIES 18
James
Grafter

Re: Metronet to Plusnet?

Hiya Rob,
I've got a little secret to tell you - The Metronet and PlusNet support teams are the same! Smiley
Technically we would be able to move you back to a Metronet product if you weren't happy with the PlusNet one, but I highly doubt you would want to do so.  I think it just sounds like the best thing for you to do, allowing you some more streaming traffic and so on Smiley
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: randpwar
How easy is it to transfer over to Plusnet?

It's pretty easy and painless! I helped move a relative from MN to PN and it all went through in less than 24 hours!
You need to sign up for a free dialup account with PlusNet and raise a ticket on that account requesting a move from Metronet to PN (referencing your Metronet user name).
You can also raise a ticket on your MN account referring to the ticket on your PN account.
You'll need to add your payment details to the PN account through the My Account section of the Member Centre (a credit card and/or a DD - normally the first payment is by CC as PN bill in advance) before the move takes place as PN will need to take your first month's subs.
I'm sure James will correct this if it's wrong but that was essentially the route that I took.  He'll also be able to advise the best timings for a move.
James
Grafter

Yep, Paul's absolutely right.
Sorry I didn't put that information into my earlier post!
randpwar
Grafter

Thanks guys, your help is appreciated.
I just have a few queries:-
- How seamless is the transfer?
- Will there be any outage?
- I’m presuming there isn’t a fee for transferring?
- MN already have my card details, can they be transferred over?
- Paul advises that James will ‘be able to advise the best timings for a move’ when would this be?
- MN have a Members Centre where I can check usage, does PN offer the same?
- Paul also advises me to ‘sign up for a free dialup account with PlusNet’, looking on the PN website is this the Payg option under Dial-up?
Sorry to be a pain but can it just be automatically transferred over?
Thanks
Rob
James
Grafter

Hiya,
-  How seamless is the transfer?
Should be perfectly seamless.
-  Will there be any outage?
Only for the length of time that it takes you to change your username in your modem or router.
-  I’m presuming there isn’t a fee for transferring?
There is not.
-  MN already have my card details, can they be transferred over?
Unfortunately not, you'll need to readd these yourself.
-  Paul advises that James will ‘be able to advise the best timings for a move’ when would this be?
That would be just before your next billing date.
-  MN have a Members Centre where I can check usage, does PN offer the same?
Yep.  It's got even more useful "stuff".
-  Paul also advises me to ‘sign up for a free dialup account with PlusNet’, looking on the PN website is this the Payg option under Dial-up?
Yep, that's the one Smiley
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

I can confirm that as an ex-Metronetter the transfer is totally painless. I think the only down time was me changing the settings in my router.
randpwar
Grafter

Thanks Steve that's good to know. I'm going through the process now and the guys on the helpdesk have again been brilliant Smiley
Best Wishes
Rob
randpwar
Grafter

Just to let you know that despite a few blips re-configuring my router, I am now successfully transferred from Metronet to Plusnet Many thanks to all on the helpdesk that I've spoken to as they've all been helpful and patient in the extreme. Smiley Smiley
Plus my download speed is now higher than it’s ever been!!  Smiley 2925!!  Smiley
Best wishes
Rob
James
Grafter

Hi Rob,
That's great news Smiley
Let me know if there's anything I can help with.
Guy

Is there a fee for transferring from, say, a Metronet PAYgo Option 1 account to a Plus Net Option 2 account?
Thanks
Guy
James
Grafter

Hi Guy,
There's no fee for this at all.  All you'll need to do is to sign up for a PlusNet PAYG Dialup account, add in all your payment details and then raise a ticket on your Metronet account, saying what your PlusNet username is and which product you would like to move to.
randpwar
Grafter

@guy
As no doubt previous posts to this thread will bare out and as someone who has very recently gone through the process, it’s a very painless, stress free process and usually all completed within 24 hours or so
scotorca

Quote from: randpwar
Hi,
I’m an existing Metronet PAYgo Option 2 customer. I have recently upgraded very old equipment and moved into this century! (James, thanks for answer concerning router yesterday) which means that with the new speeds my lad spends longer watching the Power Rangers on YouTube because they now actually work!. All of this has meant that I’ve recently gone over the 2gig limit quite often. I notice that Plus Net Option 2 is only £1.24 per month more but offers 15gig usage (let’s see him go over that!). How easy is it to transfer over to Plusnet? Would I be able to go back to the same or another Metronet product? What would I lose? The 24/7 Metronet helpdesk have been absolutely marvellous in the past, I would dread losing access to them. Can you advise please.
I am the same as Rob, but what I don`t understand is, why do Metronet and Plusnet not offer similar packages, as it seems that having a Metronet account seems to be a disadvantage to many. The one big headache in moving, would be trying to figure out all the sites etc, that you would have to change your e-mail address for. Scotorca.
Best Wishes
Rob 
scotorca

I am the same as Rob, but what I don`t understand is, why do Metronet and Plusnet not offer similar packages, as it seems that having a Metronet account seems to be a disadvantage to many. The one big headache in moving, would be trying to figure out all the sites etc, that you would have to change your e-mail address for.
Scotorca.