Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metronet Payments by BACS

billbo
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Metronet Payments by BACS

There must be a quick fix for this - unless I'm the only one paying by BACS others are going to be contacting their banks and your CSC unnecessarily.
Surely the listening caring Plusnet can sort this sooner than later! I would have thought that the auto emails at least should be easy to edit.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

I think it was just an error at your particular bank, hence the offer for our bank to contact your bank. We will keep a close look out for any others reporting similar problems but I suspect it's just a one off with this particular bank.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
billbo
Community Veteran

Hi Dave,
I think that you have misunderstood something here, my bank has not made any errors - it just notified me of the error in the payment details and confirmed the redirect.
My payment was sent to the "usual" Metronet bank (Sort code: 12-08-83). The same details that are given on the current emails and on the portal
My bank told me that the payment had been redirected to bank sort code 20-00-00. Your accounts department have confirmed the change of account (Ticket: 22497136) and
Quote from: James
Hi Bill,
There are new details, but there is a redirect on the old details so all payments should still reach us.  Do you want to double check with your bank that the payment has actually been bounced and not just redirected?

So as I understand it. Metronet have a new bank account to which payments are being redirected - but you are saying that the details given in the emails and on the portal don't need to be changed  Huh
My bank has told me that the "payment details were incorrect" and to ensure that the "details quoted on future payments" are correct.
By the way - my Bank statement shows the payment to Metronet on the 25th and my account is still showing as unpaid. (Service Notice: SN43832599)
So, would it not be easier just to update the auto emails and portal information or at least contact customers who normally pay by BACS to notify them of the change?
James
Grafter

Bill,
Let me just try and chase this one.  Back soon Smiley
James
Grafter

Bill,
It's not cleared at our end just yet.  Jen in Accounts says that she'll check again tomorrow for you.
billbo
Community Veteran

Time for an update.....
Emails received today reminding me that my bill has still not been paid. (Ticket: 22497136 updated)
As the money left my account on the 25th July either PN's old back is sitting on the money or the new bank is! Or, I suppose the payment notification could be sitting in PN towers somewhere.
A proforma invoice was also received - still showing a PN banner and details, instead of MN  Huh  Internal problem No 44819 any progress?
Mand
Grafter

Hi Bill,
I'll chase this with finance tomorrow for you, and see if we can at least get the details updated.
billbo
Community Veteran

Thank you Mand.
I do hope the flag that Ben put on my account is still there and only 10 days to my next billing day- Oh dear.
puddy
Grafter

Just think how much money the bank makes when it sends the DD payment and the payment is received 4 to 5 days later and its our money they do it with!!!
How long does plusnet sit on it before marking it as received paid status and hits our accounts?

Michael
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: billbo
Thank you Mand.
I do hope the flag that Ben put on my account is still there and only 10 days to my next billing day- Oh dear.

It is, I've just replied it so should be fine until the next billing date.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: puddy
Just think how much money the bank makes when it sends the DD payment and the payment is received 4 to 5 days later and its our money they do it with!!!

Probably millions, that money's somewhere and it isn't in your account and it's not in our account, plus we get charged for taking the money. Still cheaper for all of us than everyone paying by cash or cheque I suppose.
Quote from: puddy
How long does plusnet sit on it before marking it as received paid status and hits our accounts?

Not long, we get a daily report of the transactions successful or not from the bank and these are matched against the invoices on each account, so at most a few hours I would have thought.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: billbo
Thank you Mand.

We've got the payment through this morning. Your account has been updated.
At the risk of sounding like James.....have you thought about paying by DD? Cheesy Smiley
The problem you reference is still being worked on by our development team. I'll see if I can get some priority on that today.
billbo
Community Veteran

Thanks again Mand but....
I've just returned the ticket
Thank you for "finding" my payment.
However, my account is still showing "Payment failed" and I have received further automated requests for payment timed at 1600 today.

BACS works fine from my end  Roll_eyes
Yes, I have considered DD - have PN considered BT style discounts for DD payments  Wink
billbo
Community Veteran

Well time to bump this old thread as here we are *three* months on and no progress.
Emails and portal are still show the incorrect Metronet bank details.
The proforma invoices are still headed "Plusnet" instead of "Metronet" (Internal problem No 44819)
However, the "over-stretched/under resourced" development team have somehow had time to send out custom emails extolling the virtues of DD and altered the portal so that it also reminds me when I go to my account that I should really use DD.
How long do we have to wait for the Metronet house to be put in order - are we Metronet customers really that insignificant to Plusnet - surely it's time to spare us a little resource (we've had so little since the buy out) or are we now cast aside as a legacy product and is this once class leading brand being allowed to wither away.
Original_Design
Grafter

Hi Bill - wondered what had happened to you.
After our posts in the old MN forum about invoicing, I'm afraid I've given in and set in motion a transfer to PN, direct debit and all. It was the transferrable 'loyalty discount' that did it, saving me £70 odd a year. (Still don't like the 12 month contract though)
Details in this thread:-
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,2428.0.html
Regards - Alastair (feeling vaguely disloyal)