Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metronet Payments by BACS

billbo
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Metronet Payments by BACS

Emails requesting payment and the portal both indicate that payments should be made to the bank sort code and account number that I have always used.
However, my bank informs me that the payment details were wrong and the sort code is now 20-00-00 account number 400644335.
[Censored]-up theory mode on - which are the correct account details?  Shocked
I notice that my outstanding account has not yet been marked as paid, even thought the bank confirms the re-direct on the 26th.  Angry
(Edit for typo)
48 REPLIES 48
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: Metronet Payments by BACS

No details changed that I know of, I've posed the question to the finance team and will get back to you tomorrow.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
James
Grafter

Hi Bill,
There are new details, but there is a redirect on the old details so all payments should still reach us.  Do you want to double check with your bank that the paytment has actually been bounced and not just redirected?
James
Grafter

Bill,
In addition, could you let me know which bank/branch you're with?  Our Bank are happy to call yours are sort ourt any issues that have been presented.
Original_Design
Grafter

Hi Bill - as a coda to my post/rant re MN invoicing here http://portal.metronet.co.uk/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1025, my invoice was confirmed as paid on Tuesday 1st.
Cheques rule OK! (even with postal inconsistencies) QED.
Alastair
Liam
Grafter

Naa... Direct Debit for the win!  Soo much easier from a customer and finance perspective (in my humble opinion).
James
Grafter

Here we go again.
Original_Design
Grafter

Quote from: Liam
Naa... Direct Debit for the win!  Soo much easier from a customer and finance perspective (in my humble opinion).

Yes , but a win for whom?, the customer?. I will refer you to a thread (one of many similar) in the ADSL Guide Pipex Forum (I was considering moving my phone and BB to Pipex as my exchange has been unbundled, - silly me, what was I thinking?) regarding the erratic/inaccurate removal of money under DD.
Linky
(Sorry don't know how to do the 'here' link thing)
I didn't know that once a DD is cancelled by the customer, a company can re-activate it without refrence to the customer, and I for one don't want to have to go through the aggravation of getting the bank to claw back mis-taken money.
It's about control - I would like to keep at least some control of the few remaining aspects of my life . . .
Rant alert - rant alert!

Quote from: James
Here we go again.

Sorry, I'll stop now and get on with some work.
Alastair
[Moderator's note by Bill (billbo): linky fixed 😉 ]
James
Grafter

Sorry, that reference was to Liam opening the can of worms which is the debate that we've had numerous times before!
It's about choice.  You can pay by DD.  You can pay by Card.  You can pay by BACS.  You can pay by Cheque.  It's all about what works best for you and you elect to pay the way that you want to.
I have no issues with that.
Liam
Grafter

Yep... and I have no issues either.  I personally find Direct Debit easier for me as I'm useless at keeping tabs on payments and organising myself to know when I need to pay who, and how much etc... DD makes it easy for me 🙂
Incidentally, I don't believe once you cancel a DD, the company claiming the DD can reactivate it.  What they can do is submit a new instruction to setup another DD (which will have a different reference) - though that would be seriously bad practice on Pipex's part if that is what they did - doing that requires your permission.  Tut tut...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

(Sorry don't know how to do the 'here' link thing)

Here

That should do it
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: Liam
Incidentally, I don't believe once you cancel a DD, the company claiming the DD can reactivate it.  What they can do is submit a new instruction to setup another DD (which will have a different reference) - though that would be seriously bad practice on Pipex's part if that is what they did - doing that requires your permission.  Tut tut...

That's quite correct Liam, although what can happen is that the receiving company can simply resubmit the original information to the bank electronically, which causes the DD to become active again.  Obviously they shouldn't do this wihtou the customers prior approval, and in any case, you can ask your bank for an immediate refund under the direct debit guarantee.
Credit cards are much harder to stop, actually.  I do remember having AOL billing me on my credit card for months and months after my gf cancelled.  Despite numerous calls to AOL and to my CC company, they seemed unable to stop the charges being applied.  That was until I had legal representation contact AOL and started mentioning legal charges.
B.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

[me=dave]prefers Amex, but that's because of the cash back. DD is convenient and I do use it to pay a couple of bills, always best to have a choice though.[/me]
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
billbo
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: James
Bill,
In addition, could you let me know which bank/branch you're with?  Our Bank are happy to call yours are sort ourt any issues that have been presented.

Thanks for the offer James - but my bank did confirm the re-direct - which is what brought me here in the first place. Transfer completed on the 26th and my bill still marked unpaid. (Nice chap in the CSC phoned to say that he would put a note on the account to stop premature disconnection*).
Are the portal and the auto emails going to be updated - real soon.
The emailed "Plusnet" invoices have caused issues this month and now this!
* I think I received some spam with a cure for that Wink
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

In time the emails and portal will be updated eventually but at the moment there shouldn't be any need because the old details should automatically redirect to the new without any intervention of change.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology