cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive line issues and lack of support response

Lb124

Massive line issues and lack of support response

Hi

I’m struggling with Plusnet support this time around - in the past I’ve always been able to see internal activity on tickets and diagnostic results but now I get absolutely no response to my ticket updates unless I go on support webchat which is really frustrating and I still get to see zero updates.

Had a completely dead phone line for 10 days that was fixed 4 days ago and I’m now stuck with just shocking broadband Connection:

Currently stuck at 1999kbit/s downstream and 799kbit/s upstream with the following stats:
Target SNR (down): 29dB
Target SNR (up): 18dB
Active 4 days 16 hours - zero errors

On 1st November 2019, prior to line fault:
22384 kbit/s downstream, 2362kbit/s upstream

This is obviously completely unacceptable and needs immediate escalation but I really don’t get the impression that this is being dealt with properly.

Any support would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Massive line issues and lack of support response

Assume you've tried the obvious route of just rebooting your router to see if that helps?
Otherwise you have to follow the procedures outlined in link below.
Lb124

Thanks Gel
Yep, unfortunately I'm also a seasoned pro when it comes to troubleshooting dodgy connections but plusnet are giving me a lot less info to work with than I used to get a free years ago and true engineering support seems much less responsive.

Needless to say everything that can be done from my side has been and I'm now totally at their mercy.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Looks like your line has been severely banded by DLM (dynamic line management), what should have happened is when the line fault was repaired Openreach are supposed to reset the DLM to restore the correct speeds. You will need staff intervention to get them to request a DLM reset. Are you sure about those SNR values, I don't see how they are the same for the different speeds.🤔

Lb124

That was my thinking too.
Thanks for spotting my error....

Currently stuck at 1999kbit/s downstream and 799kbit/s upstream with the following stats:
Active 4 days 16 hours - zero errors

On 1st November 2019, prior to line fault:
22384 kbit/s downstream, 2362kbit/s upstream
******Target SNR (down): 4dB******
******Target SNR (up): 6dB*******
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post @Lb124.

We're sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

We've sent off the request to have the line unbanded and expect this to be done within the next 24-48 hours.

With regards the rest of your ticket - we're able to address any downtime and gestures of goodwill as soon as the issue is fully resolved.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the meantime.