Did you mean: 

Mass Service Outage FIVE WEEKS

robj3123
Hooked

Mass Service Outage FIVE WEEKS

16th of January MSO  so no landline and no internet

20th February service restored 

Offered £21.78  back

IF Plusnet had signed up to the automatic Broadband compensation scheme they would have paid me £8 a day 

However unlike a lot of the other large suppliers they have not signed up to it so can get away with a derisory compensation

I had to do all the chasing on this problem and was promised Friday 1800hrs every week I phoned 

Not Impressed;  am I alone ?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Mass Service Outage FIVE WEEKS

@robj3123 

I think that what you are telling us is that if you had gone to a more expensive ISP you would have been compensated. I suspect that you can't have it both ways.

My view is that if you are on a dodgy line a fair distance from the FTTC cabinet (or telephone exchange for ADSL and/or if your land line is important) it might be worth paying for a premium service. If your connection is good it's probably worth going to a budget provider and taking the hit in circumstances like this, accepting that over the contract period you will still be quids in.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

robj3123
Hooked

Thanks for that feedback but I don't think paying more money would have been the answer in this instance 

I accepted it was a MSO  ... Green BT box demolished 

Plusnet advertise they have won all sorts of awards for Customer service etc but in this instance did not live up to the advertising 

IF Cust services / Tech had bothered to phone me that would have at least shown me that they did care 

However ....... service is restored and I can safely watch Eastenders (groan)

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@robj3123 
You are not alone in questioning these awards for customer services. If the presence of Plusnet staffers on this forum can be used as a yardstick then there has been a marked reduction of available help for many months

Using COVID as an excuse is wearing a bit thin after a year when you think of all the ways that customer services could have been changed to cope with social distancing requirements.

One thing that I have found is that for non account related issues there is a lot of help and advice available on this forum from fellow customers.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Is £21.78 the amount they charged you for the period for which you had no connection? If so it seems very cheap for over a month.

Personally, at the very least I would expect not to be charged at all for the period - whether or not any compensation offer was made.