cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many disconnects today.

esseff
Grafter

Many disconnects today.

So it's been happening a lot - constantly finding the internet is down and the router is rebooting, sometimes momonets after it has just done so. Pulled the plug out and rebooted it myself, but it's still happening. Seems to have settled down for the moment - 10 minutes and all looks good. Took a look at the events log in the Technicolour menu and there are a few things that seem odd, a number of yellow triangles with exclamation marks and a few red ones. Perhaps you can interpret them:
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Many disconnects today.

Typical examples of the firewall doing its job of keeping the nasty outside world at bay.
Is your phone line noisy?  Dial 17070 option 2.
Is the router plugged into the master socket?
What new electrical things did you get for Christmas?
Can you please gather and post all the information requested in the speed issues thread at the top of this forum?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

esseff
Grafter

Seems to be fine now. Moved it to the master socket. I did speak to someone at PN who seems to think I need interleaving turned on when it has been off and fine til now. I did suggest he need not do that  until we know whether moving it to the master socket made any difference, and it seems to have done so.
Nothing new plugged in.
I am concerned with the idea of interleaving as I seem to remember in the past having it turned off made a difference to the sync speed. If the line is stable now, shouldn't we leave interleaving in the off position if it's not needed? I assume it's easy to have it turned off again?
mseries
Grafter

sounds like you have similar problems to me and others
esseff
Grafter

No, fortunately it seems it was just the extension I was using. Having plugged into the master socket, it hasn't lost sync once.
Good luck with your issues though.