cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major problems connecting to internet

CameronScottGra

Major problems connecting to internet

Over the past 2 weeks i have had huge issues with connecting to the internet, every 20-30 minutes i am disconnected and need to turn the router on and off for me to be able to connect for another brief 20-30 minutes before the same situation happens again. I don't know what it could be as the green light for the internet is always on, i have pushed the button for the factory settings and it works for a brief spell as-well, really not sure whether its the router or the line connection or something else.Anyone else having these problems or is it just me?
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Major problems connecting to internet

Hi there,
We can definitely see a few drops on the line there. Have you added anything new to the line recently at all? Perhaps recently installed Sky?
Either way the best thing to check would be to plug the router into the master socket where the line enters the house (or even better the test socket, behind the master socket front plate) with no phones plugged in and see if it still drops. If so you've narrowed it down to a possible hardware issue or a line fault.
If you're able to test another router in the same situation that'd be ideal, if not no worries we can sort something out - but I hope that helps.
CameronScottGra

Thanks for the quick reply, we haven't installed anything that would use the line in any way, that's why i find it so unusual, and also the router is connected to the main line socket, unfortunately i did have an old router lying around but has no power adapter. I spoke to an adviser around a month ago when the problems started to creep in and he said it may happen every so often but at the moment it happens all the time and its a massive blow for someone like me that's never offline.  Undecided
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I've checked your connection today and it appears to be more stable. If your connection drops do persist, I would suggest raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net
If you need any further help or have any further questions, please ask.
Chris