cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major outage today 30th March from 5.30pm!

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Major outage today 30th March from 5.30pm!

Of course in real life compensation never works like that as it's based more on things like inconvenience and loss of revenue etc.
Though of course as you say terms and conditions dictate a best effort service so no claim is really possible, and I don't deny that Plusnet do try their very best.
(I'd still like Plusnet to take BT to task over drm and IP profile adjustment times. Years overdue for at least a major revamp.)
anniesboy
Rising Star

For goodness sake,yes it was inconvenient /irritating etc. etc.
As far as I'm aware no one died as a result,the world did not come to an end. 
Just thank your lucky stars if this is all you have to worry about.
Mikewalsh
Grafter

Well I have plenty of time to count my lucky stars whilst I wait another week for my line speed to return to normal  Angry
hamilton36
Grafter

Quote from: Rob
Thanks for keeping us updated, even though you can't do much more than telling us what BT has told you.
I'll shout abuse at the road workers as I cycle past today.

Make sure that you shout in Polish! Cheesy
RobDickson
Grafter

@anniesboy - a point well made.
@hamilton36 - I didn't know the Polish for "abuse". According to Google Translate, it's "nadużycie", so I'll know for next time.
PamWest
Grafter

But guys, the reason we get such bad service in this country (well from my experience PN is the best service so far) is that we are ALL tied to a minimum of 1 years contract, in Holland it's only a 1 month max contract, so if ppl are dissatisfied with their ISP they change after a month, so thats why their service is so much better, and they look after their customers, else a bad ISP will go out of business within a year, unlike in UK where you got dumb ISP's who have far-east outsourced helpdesks who fob you off with anything and know that you can't do anything for about a year when things start going wrong.
And to Barry Zubel, your calculation is for 1 person, if the claim was put in by ALL those who lost the service, think of not only the amount, but the logistics of processing ALL the claims, then the figure soon mounts up, as should our rights as customers, also it's not only for that 1 particular day, but throught the year for LoS.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

with PN you only have to give 10 days notice, the only charges are if you have deferred payment items like a router which is free after a year but you if you leave early pay
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: PamWest
But guys, the reason we get such bad service in this country (well from my experience PN is the best service so far) is that we are ALL tied to a minimum of 1 years contract
A bit of searching will tell you that this is not correct - there are a large number of providers who only have a 1 month contract including Plusnet (10 days actually) if you don't take any freebies
PamWest
Grafter

Ahhh, I stand corrected, maybe I was just looking at the major ISP suppliers, sorry for the mis-information  Lips_are_sealed
My ONLY experience has been with Eclipse (who were amazing), then they got taken over by Pipex, who in turn were taken over by Tiscali (or was it Bulldog or maybe TalkTalk), and ofc Sky who also have a year contract.
RobDickson
Grafter

Quote from: PamWest
as should our rights as customers

PlusNet doesn't guarantee 100% availability of its service.
Corkonian

My broadband is still broken has been since last Wednesday.
Is this just me or has anyone else failed to get back online since the outage?
Fletch
Grafter

@Corkonian
Firstly, sorry to hear your still having problems - everything should be back-up and running.  I see you've logged a fault ticket - which i'll ask one of the team to look at.  However, can I ask that you try and login to the router admin interface and try and manually connect (as apposed to Power it on an off).  We have seen a number of customers that haven't been able to re-connect when they power on and off following the outage, but can get back online successfully if they manually connect.  We are still investigating why this has occurred, but what I'm a bit nervous about is that we had been calling customers who had been effected to make sure they had got back online and we have you on the list for a call on Friday evening, which you obviously didn't receive.
Leave it with me we will get you back online.
Fletch
RobDickson
Grafter

Now that is good service. Calling customers because you think they've got a problem, instead of waiting for them to call you.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Corkonian, I've just taken a look at your account and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get back on line by following Fletch's suggestion. I've added more detailed instructions to your fault ticket. Let me know how you get on...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Bob, did BT ever report back the reason for this outage last week?