Grafter

Mails about referrals get Quarantined by Postini

I just checked my quarantine mailbox at postini and found the following email:
To: <a valid, safe (never spammed) address>
Subject:   Important information regarding your referral payments
Anyone from comms care to comment?  Roll_eyes

Your username:
Dear Me,
Recently we made some changes to the way we pay referrals bonus and monthly payments that exceed your subscription costs. Previously this was paid directly to your bank or to an active credit or debit card on your account. However, due to new banking rules, we have been forced to make many of these payments by cheque.
Feedback from our referrers has indicated that payment by cheque is not the preferred method for many of you. We can pay referrals payments directly to your bank but only if we have valid bank details on your account in the Member Centre.
I would ask all referrers, who wish to be paid directly to their bank to ensure that valid bank details are present on your account. This in no way gives us permission to take any payment from your account but simply facilitates direct payment from us to you.
Of course, should you wish to be paid by cheque you need take no action. Similarly if you already have an active direct debit you will need to do nothing. We will automatically process any referrals payments directly to your bank account.
To add bank details please visit the portal Member Centre - Account Details - Referral Payments and enter your bank details.  Again, I'd like to reenforce the fact that this will only be for us to make payments to you and not to take money from your account.
Payment will be made automatically on or around the first day of each month.
To find out more about our current referrals offers please visit http://www.plus.net/go.html/referrals0308
Kind regards
Mark Kelly
Referrals Manager
PlusNet
This email has been sent, as we believe it to be of interest to you, as a valued customer of PlusNet. Please do not reply to this email, as this is an unmonitored address. If you would like to change your preferences for the electronic communication you receive from PlusNet please go to http://www.plus.net/go.html/emailprefs0308
PlusNet plc
Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
Registered in England no: 3279013
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Mails about referrals get Quarantined by Postini

I wonder if this happened because of the subject line.  I'll have a chat with Bob.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I've got a copy of one of these that was quarantined too. I'll take a look now and raise a problem as I suspect that the .plus.net domain hasn't been added to our global whitelist config.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Bob, I think Dan was looking at this as a result of this thread?
ddunford
Grafter

Yup, networks should have rolled out a fix today which whitelists our own domains (.plus.net plus.net), if the actual email was sent by us or a customer then they should no longer be tagged as spam.
Can anyone confirm if this is still happening?