cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Box Management

JohnF1938
Dabbler

Mail Box Management

I have several aliases. I would like to be able to put some of then on Hold whilst I am away, The only way I can see to do this is to send them to spam or a hotmail address.  I want to do this to limit the mail received whilst away.
Regards John

7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Mail Box Management

If you have catch-all off you could delete unwanted aliases, then while you are away anything sent to them will be refused - genuine messages should bounce back to the sender, spam likely just to vanish.
If catch-all is on you could change the alias to a redirect and select the blackhole radio button. Anything sent to it - genuine or spam will then disappear without notification to you or the sender.
When you return you can reinstate the aliases as required.
David
David
JohnF1938
Dabbler

Thanks David. Not realy what I am looking for as I do not want to lose only park Emailes whilst I am away.
Regards John
itsme
Grafter

Are they aliases or mailboxes? If they are aliases then you can select which mailbox they go to. So you can have two mailboxes with the relevant aliases assigned. Then setup your email client with the 2 mailboxes and then when you go on holiday disable the mailbox within your client so you only download the emails from one mailbox.
JohnF1938
Dabbler

Thanks Itme. Ok have fixed the plusnet end. will attack outlook express tomorrow.
Regards John
JohnF1938
Dabbler

I have set up a new mailbox with an alias pointing to it. I have also set a new account in Outlook Express but I am not receiving any mail from the new mailbox even when I send it myself. Also have checked Webmail but there are no Emails for the new mailbox. looks like it is being black holed but I cannot see why.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You could try ringing support and ask them to check that what's actually set up is what you intend it to be.
David
JohnF1938
Dabbler

Thanks all, Just solved it I missed out the +Mailbox in Outlook Express Accout name under Servers.
Just got to solve the mobile phone link to my laptop side of it now!