cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY ANNOYING BROTHER!!!!!! And Lack Of Bandwidth

TartanTerminato
Dabbler

MY ANNOYING BROTHER!!!!!! And Lack Of Bandwidth

Dont let the title fool you, im not here to go on and on about my little brother. However I was wondering if there is any way to move the payment day fowards by one day. Its just i was excited, call me a nerd, about downloading Company of Heroes through steam. Lo and behold my brother somehow uses 4gb of our banfwidth up in one day  ???, swiftly putting us over our limit and restricting our speed. COH was able to download 1% in 3 and a half hours. Most annoying. So, i was wondering if we could pay today, one day early and allow the new month to come up, and all the usage to be reset and speed to go back up to the usual and very good speed plusnet usually give us. Thanks
21 REPLIES 21
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: MY ANNOYING BROTHER!!!!!!

What account type are you on?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
TartanTerminato
Dabbler

broadband your way option 3 i think, but my dad wont let us add extra bandwidth, he's nice that way.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Not even a one off £1 payment to give you an extra 1GB for this month only?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
TartanTerminato
Dabbler

Re: MY ANNOYING BROTHER!!!!!! And Lack Of Bandwidth

nope, hes not happy that we went over, in fact he's not happy. ever.
TartanTerminato
Dabbler

he's afraid that it will be at 21gb next month too and he'll have to pay more
paulby
Grafter

Unfortunately for you though he's the one paying the bill - as I often have to remind certain members of my household who seem to think that money grows on trees!
Have you offered to pay the extra yourself?  
TartanTerminato
Dabbler

oh yeah, i said id pay, well my brother could because he put it over, but he said no. It's like sharing a house with Hitler.
paulby
Grafter

How old are you?  Sounds like what I used to say about my dad when I was a teenager Smiley
I can see his point though.  Learn to stay within the bounds - you only have a day to wait - be patient!
hulls
Grafter

Also, since dad is the customer, even if Plusnet could move the payment date, you'd have to get him to request it.  From the tone of your posts, he's not likely to do that. Cry 
John
TartanTerminato
Dabbler

Well im 16 so, yeah. All teenagers say the same thing. Only thing is this month i didnt put the bandwidth over, I was at my friends house yesterday. Thats when 4gb was used. So im paying the price for my brothers idiocy. But never mind, ill just revise all day lol, and go on it tommorow. To John-, he's really not likely to do that lol, hes pretty strict when it comes to, everything.
gary
Grafter

If you would have asked that question at 3:59am this morning I would have said yes, it’s possible, however at 4am I watched the billing run for today start.... So unfortunately what you’re asking isn't going to be possible Sad plus, as previously pointed out in this thread we would need the request from the account owner (In this case your Dad Wink )
You can add a one off GB to your account for an extra £1 to be paid tomorrow and then next month it will simply revert back to previous cost.
If you go into the view my usage tool on the portal, you should see a button that says upgrade, if your currently restricted then your on fixed cost, if you tick the box in the upgrade process to go to flexible, but leave your account at 20GB it will automatically add a GB to your account, then next month you can go back into the same section and change it back to being fixed at 20GB
Hope that helps
TartanTerminato
Dabbler

thanks very much, but that all depends if my dad allows the extra usage to be added.
James
Grafter

Buy him some new socks.
TartanTerminato
Dabbler

lol, new socks! He said no anyway, but did appreciate being called at work. Never mind. Will it speed up again at midnight today?