Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC needed switching from SKY

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: MAC needed switching from SKY

Morning linopizzi,
After reviewing your account this morning I can see that our provisioning team have now picked this and are working to get the problem resolved and have the installation of the broadband rebooked for you. I can see that they have already been in touch with the supplier and have managed to get them to close down the phone order as complete so they should be in touch soon regarding the installation of the broadband.
linopizzi
Grafter

Thanks for the update - just to clarify I realise that MAC was required just one week ago when I went through the whole letter sent by Plusnet- Why a so crucial information request is mentioned just on the rear page? Why Plusnet doesn't send the request via text as per all other less relevant communication. I am afraid that generation z doesn't care much about paper and certainly don't read two pages letter to find out about MAC request - I am 45 and I delete all business emails that are longer then three sentences. I don't believe in bad lack - I believe in professionalism, push your "supplier" to get things done - as I don't have any contracts with them Plusnet is my provider and the beginning wasn't of the best.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Razorback
Grafter

I received a text message from Plusnet with minutes of signing up asking me to send them the MAC code. I was able to submit the MAC code by replying to their text.
linopizzi
Grafter

Well in my case just on the letter no text no e-mail
linopizzi
Grafter

And BTW still not sure whether MAC is really needed when you go for FO LLU and phone services.
demonix01
Grafter

A MAC isn't required if you're transferring everything from sky to plusnet as plusnet will do a take over of the line (I queried this myself, and I was told that a MAC cone isn't required if moving from sky), and the line would have gone dead early in the morning of the day the BTOR engineer would be coming over to set up the FO connection.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I think the problem is that you have to notify Sky to conform to the notice period. They then take that as a set in concrete termination date and close the account on that date. They should take it as a notice to leave on or after that date depending upon when the actual migration happens. That is what Plusnet do in the reverse direction.
You might think that Sky deliberately make the process of leaving Sky to go to Plusnet a bad experience to tarnish the user's impression of Plusnet, but I couldn't possibly comment. Wink
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)