cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC needed switching from SKY

linopizzi
Grafter

MAC needed switching from SKY

Hi there, I've ordered FO and phone services with Plusnet - I've asked SKY operator to provide me the MAC they said the system doesn't provide or generate any MAC for my account as the cancellation has been processed and the service will be cut off tonight - can you please check that everything is proceeding smoothly? Thanks
21 REPLIES 21
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: MAC needed switching from SKY

Linopizzi,
You have missed the close of CRT for the day.  You are highly unlikely to get a response from PlusNet here this evening.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

linopizzi
Grafter

Guys any update? Thanks Lino ps router has been delivered
linopizzi
Grafter

Sky service has been cut off this morning
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning linopizzi,
After checking the order in the suppliers system I can see that the appointments are due to go ahead today so you should be back up and running with us before the end of the day.
linopizzi
Grafter

Great thank you
linopizzi
Grafter

Sorry for being a pain, the engineer hasn't arrived yet - any chance to verify if my work is still on the schedule for today?
Thanks
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again linopizzi,
I'm afraid the appointment time has now passed as this was due for installation between 8am and 1pm today. Have you been present at the property all day and had nobody call you or addend the property?
linopizzi
Grafter

Yes indeed - both me and my wife no call!
linopizzi
Grafter

Can you please tell us if someone will come? I've already lost one day at work
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again linopizzi,
I've just done some considerable digging into the orders for you and it seems that there has been a delay in the phone order which has then had a knock on effect with the broadband order as the work cannot be carried out without an active phone service. At the moment the phone order is still not shown as complete so we need to await the work being carried out and complete before we can start investigating the matter of the broadband installation.
I'm very sorry for the delay that this has caused and I'm sorry that we weren't aware of this earlier so that we could have advised on the engineer not attending today. I'm afraid in situations like this, it can be difficult to see the information until the installation window has passed.
The phone order will no doubt close off at some point today and show as complete so I will pick this back up in the morning when we can look into additional installation dates for the broadband and we'll do everything we can in order to speed up the installation for you.
Again we're very sorry for the delay and in inconvenience this has no doubt caused.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I know the Plusnet probably can't answer this
But why did Sky cancel everything before the line physically transferred and they were notified by BT Openreach that it had happened.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jim,
You're correct in thinking this is a tough one for us to answer as we're not privy to the details of the order nor the details of the cancellation request placed. 9 time out of 10 this is due to the customer requesting to cancel and then calling up at a later date for a MAC code, by which time it is too late to cancel the cease and generate the MAC code.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Adam,
Given that this is a nine times out of ten failure cause, is there merit in putting in the sign up journey a big clear...

Do not cancel service with your existing provider - this will be facilitated by the migration to PlusNet process.

Huh
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It's a good point Townman, and could be very beneficial if properly worded (not that it's badly worded in your post). It's probably best to differentiate between the physical ceasing of a line, and cancelling an account.
In linopizzi's case, an LLU migration was carried out, it's just been extremely unlucky that the phone order hasn't completed as accordingly.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet