cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Codes

mcgurka
Grafter

MAC Codes

Anybody mind explaining to me howcome its suddenly taken upto 5 days to generate a MAC to move? Phoned at the start of the year, and was given one on the call!
I've a bunch of connections that need shifting, anybody shed any light on this?
5 REPLIES 5
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: MAC Codes

I see the rush of staff to help on this Roll_eyes
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
It's been that way since we automated MAC generation (can't remember exactly when but it was several months ago).
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

The OFCOM requirement was that MACs must be issued within 5 days of it being requested. PlusNet have always abided by that condition since it was introduced and often exceed it when requests are made. They do sometimes try and call the requester to see why they are leaving and if there was anything they could do (like offering incentives to stay!) but this is always done within the 5 day period - if you don;t want this to happen specifically request it does not in the MAC request ticket..
Also I don't think PN can give out MACs on the phone as there is the likelihood of mistakes and usually issue them in a ticket.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

PN say they don't accept MAC requests via a ticket - phone or snail mail only.
However if you go to Help & Support, from the bottom right under Plusnet Service select Policies, and from there select Cancellation Policy you will find it says:
Moving to a new provider
  1. To move to a new broadband provider a MAC Key (Migration Authorisation Code) is required. We generate this on behalf of the customer, using a supplier-provided system.
  2. We will provide the MAC Key over the phone and via our on-line Help Assistant.

Further down it talks about complete cancellation being phone only.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

We don't accept cancellation requests via ticket, but we do add them to the account on a ticket for visibility.
I'll get that page clarified.