cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Code question

ihaveaquestion

MAC Code question

Today I just signed up for a plusnet phone and broadband (Plusnet Unlimited ) deal. During this process I wasn't asked for a MAC address. Upon completion of the sign up process however on the confirmation page it did tell me to contact my current phone and broadband provider to inform them that I'm leaving.
On the 'switch to us page' (http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/switch/) there is a 'submit it online' link.  When I click this I am informed that "We don't need you to do anything" and "We either already have your MAC Key, or we don't need one to complete your order. ". Could it be that plusnet know that I don't need to provide a MAC code based on my area, or do I in fact still need to provide a MAC address?
Not sure if this additional info helps, but my broadband is currently with Sky and my line is full LLU.
3 REPLIES 3
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: MAC Code question

You don't need a MAC moving from full LLU to BT Wholesale based service BUT MAKE SURE THAT you inform Sky when you new connection with PN goes live so that they close your account.
ihaveaquestion

Quote from: davidj60
You don't need a MAC moving from full LLU to BT Wholesale based service BUT MAKE SURE THAT you inform Sky when you new connection with PN goes live so that they close your account.

Many thanks for the reply David. I have other products with Sky (TV etc), so I wonder if they will simply remove broadband and phone from the package without me alerting them to the change. As you say though, it's best to give them a call - if i can ever get through to them Smiley - to make sure this happens, so I'll do that once it goes live.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ihaveaquestion,
It seems davidj60 beat me to it but I can confirm that what he advised is correct Smiley
I'm proceeding to place your orders for you and I'll update Ticket: 82118714  once I'm done. I'll confirm the scheduled completion date of our orders so that you can inform SKY of this date Smiley
We look forward to welcoming you to Plusnet!