Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty Discounts?

LittleReggie
Grafter

Loyalty Discounts?

morning all.
does plusnet have a policy on giving discounts to longterm members, or is it just done arbitrarily?
for the last 2 years, i have had a small but not insignificant discount on my broadband subscription, on the condition that i stay with plusnet for a further 12 months. i appreciate this, and it has stopped me even considering switching to another provider before now. i'm fairly sure my contract is up towards the end of december, and i am starting to waver a little bit now, what with the recent issues with speed etc. if my subscription was to return to the normal price i may be tempted away by one of the LLU value providers, which would be a shame...
regards,
reg.
5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Re: Loyalty Discounts?

We don't have a set policy to offer discounts when a contract expires, rather we look at each request on a case-by-case basis.
LittleReggie
Grafter

thanks for the reply.
well, i never requested a discount, i was just offered one. it would be nice to think this would continue.
Mand
Grafter

We periodically send out special offers, however there are none of these planned currently, so if you wanted your existing discount to be renewed you'd need to request this.
mitchell20
Grafter

Monthly contract customers never get any special offers.
Only contract (12 or 18 month) customers get the deals.
Been a PN monthly customer for nearly 6 years now and I can count all the special offers PN have offered be on a couple of fingers.  PN don't reward loyalty what so ever.
Mand
Grafter

@mitchell20, it's the opposite usually. Previous offers have only gone to monthly contract customers (in terms of discounts in return to committing to 12 months, there's not much to make a business case to offer this to customers already in contract).