cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speeds on ADSL2

lzjoker
Dabbler

Low speeds on ADSL2

I've been away from home for about 6mths, router has been on and running fine with security cameras, i recently upgraded my package to ADS2+ as my exchange was upgraded and cou;d now handle this, thing is i've got excellent sync speeds but my throughput is still the same as when i was on an ADSL1 package, i was assured that i would be able to see a marked improvement in speed due to my close proximity to the exchange, however this doesn't seem to be the case:

Surely i should have seen even a marginal speed improvement, or is this all i can expect?
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Re: Low speeds on ADSL2

Your PlusNet profile ( Current Line Speed ) is set to 7.1Mb, it hasn't caught up with the change to the BT Profile. Sometimes this seems to happen.
Either give the CSC a call and explain this or very probably one of the DC team will spot this thread and fix it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Low speeds on ADSL2

Hi there,
Looks like the profile on our side has updated (or been updated) but both are matching as things stand - hope your speeds have improved?