cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Speed

theoule
Grafter

Low Speed

I've noticed my download speed getting pretty slow lateley, so checked my speed at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed.
It seems to be set at 2Mb.  I did the BT speedtest and am getting around 1850kbps.  My router says DownStream Connection Speed 4768 kbps.
I raised a ticket on this on Saturday, but have had no response.  I did all the troubleshooter things, rebooted router, changed filters, unplugged all other equipment.  I can't plug into the mastersocket, I don't have one.
I don't know anything about how all this stuff works, but I'm sure I got faster speeds than this in the past.
Can anybody advise? 
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Low Speed

When you did the BT speedtest what was the reported IP profile - you would need to run the diagnostic version for this
theoule
Grafter

Just this minute had a text from support saying there was a restriction on my line and they have issued a manual order for it to be removed. Smiley
Hopefully things will be better soon.
Thanks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Glad that's sorted for you, if you have any issues please let me know.
theoule
Grafter

My line speed seems still to be at 2Mb.  Does this mean my speed restriction hasn't been removed yet?  It was supposed to happen within 4 hours.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It is still showing as banded, I've replaced the SNR reset for you, I'll check back later this afternoon to see if it has completed.
It usually does take around 4 hours but can in some instances take 24 hours.
theoule
Grafter

Is there any news on this?  It seems still to be at 2MB.
Thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yep the banding has been removed, as I mentioned it can take up-to 24 hours, although I would have hoped that you will see an improvement before then, so hopefully tonight.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

What's your Current Line speed (Login required) showing as?
This should match the BT IP profile.
And you didn't respond to Jim's question.
Are you on a 20CN or 21CN connection? If you don't know, copy and paste the full results of a BT Diagnostic speed test.
Also check the VP status of your Exchange here