Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low IP Profile speed.

Saphira
Hooked

Low IP Profile speed.

Hi.
Up till recently my connection has been connecting around 50-54 Mbps, but now I can only seem to get a connection around 28-32 Mbps and my IP Profile on speedtest.btwholesale.com has changed as well.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 32.75 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-34.07 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 34.07 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 9.28Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
This seems a bit strange as my connection has not dropped as far as I know.
Is there anyway to put my IP Profile back up to 54 Mbps again?
Thanks
Saphira.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Low IP Profile speed.

Hi there,
Not sure why as you've been connected for the past 12 days as far as our connection logs show, but the BT systems picked up a sync rate of 35195 kbps very early yesterday morning (15/06/2013 00:14:29 is the timestamp).
There's nothing we can do directly to get the speed profile back I'm afraid, but if the sync speed does increase back to where it was you should find that the profile uplifts itself.
Saphira
Hooked

Hi and thanks for replying
Is it worth disconnecting, turning off the bt modem and restarting again?
Are there any other steps worth trying?
Finding the connection speed suddenly half what I am used to is a little annoying.
Also are there any replacement recommendations for the TG582nFTTC router, as I find it very bad at wireless (and even wired sometimes).
Thanks
Saphira.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, could be worth trying a modem restart though that'd be best done around lunchtime as better sync speeds are usually seen around then. Other steps though, not too sure on that one.
As for the replacement router, there's a few threads on here that mention the BT Home Hub 3 (possibly the 4 as well) and one or two threads dedicated to the Asus offerings, the N56U and the N66U - though officially of course we can't recommend any one thing over the other. There's definitely a few forum users here with opinions on this issue though.