Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of connectivity 2:50am Monday 14th

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Loss of connectivity 2:50am Monday 14th

According to my Router logs my broadband lost connectivity & sync to the exchange on Mon, 2012-05-14 at 02:50:47 the log reporting "LCP down".
It reconnected of its own accord, it tries every minute, ( at a slightly higher speed - presumably line noise was lower than last time it connected) at  03:20:06 reporting CHAP authentication success.
I was well a bed when it went down and still there when it came up again - so nothing changed at my end!
Router had been up since its last restart for 280+ hours, but 1000+ hours is not unusual.
It's not a problem, just a question of why?
Any ideas
Regards
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Loss of connectivity 2:50am Monday 14th

Yeah, I lost internet connectivity (but not sync) at about 11 pm on Sunday. It was still down when I last checked at 1.30 am Monday, so I was glad to see it back up mid-morning. I'd be interested to know what happened?
Chris
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI guys,
can't see anything on our graphs that would have caused that. it's more likely to be a local issue I reckon.
Jojo Smiley
wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Thanks for the info
Internet connectivity dropped again at 00:15:32 this morning and recovered at 01:53:33. This time I didn't lose sync to the exchange, only the PPP link to Plusnet.
Again I was a bed, so no change my end or any  real impact.  Someone is mucking about with the exchange (Great Shefford) I presume.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Joanne
HI guys,
can't see anything on our graphs that would have caused that. it's more likely to be a local issue I reckon.
Jojo Smiley

I've occasionally lost Broadband, usually in the very early hours, and for just a few minutes.
A call to PN 0800 shows no network probs, so most likely, in my case, a local test in progress, re-route or whatever.
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I usually lose sync when there's a local problem, which makes this one a bit odd. But odd things happen, of course!
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi wisty,
Internet connectivity dropped again at 00:15:32 this morning and recovered at 01:53:33

Mine also lost internet connection at 00:15:03 on 15/5/12 and fully reconnected at 01:54 (no loss of sync).  I was also asleep at the time so only the router's log made me aware.
Mine's on Weston Favell exchange (Northampton) so not an exchange thing I think.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

My "ppp" session dropped at teatime rather irritatingly as I was very happy with the Gateway I was on at the time.
Somebody messing with routings perhaps, whether it was within the BT infrastructure or PN load balancing or whatever, will they ever own up, I doubt it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@wisty,
Unfortunately it's not really posible for us to state precisely what caused a single instance of a connection dropping.
Looking again at our connection graphs for yourself the connection looks quite stable now but if this does start to become an issue again you'll need to raise a fault.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team