cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing broadband connection several times an hour

Highlighted

Losing broadband connection several times an hour

Loses connection several times an hour. Orange light flashes then after a couple of minutes connection re-established. Engineers have been (4 days ago) but problem persists. Open ticket has not been responded to by Faults Team for 4 days. Can’t get through to customer services or anyone else. No response from @plusnethelp on Twitter. Finally got through to cancellations (I’d love to move to another provider) who says they have 30 days to rectify the fault which apparently includes potentially doing nothing for 30 days. I’m working from home and can’t even do a zoom call. What on earth am I meant to do?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Losing broadband connection several times an hour

@Geoffpeppiatt Welcome to the forums. If you have had BT/OR out, what did they come to fix/what did they do/what did they say?

A bit more information would possibly help other Community members to offer advice.

John
Highlighted

Thank you John. They changed the socket and tested the line. Said it was ok. I suspect it is - when it’s actually connected. They mentioned the alarm might be affecting it. So I disconnected the alarm but it didn’t make any difference - the problem persisted. I’ve also had the alarm engineer out to change the filter so I’m pretty certain the alarm has nothing to do with it. When it’s connected it’s fine. It just drops at frequent intervals, orange light flashes and then it automatically reconnects.
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Geoffpeppiatt So whatever they came to fix, didn't get fixed! In that case, I would suggest running through THIS self-help topic, replying back here with as much of the requested data as possible.

As a further check, it would be useful if you could confirm your phone-line is error free - faults on the POTS  side can impinge on your broadband service, Dial 17070, option #2 from a preferably corded phone - you should hear nothing but silence. If there is any noise on the line, report a phone fault before investigating any further on the BB side.

John