cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing broadband connection several times an hour

Geoffpeppiatt
Hooked

Losing broadband connection several times an hour

Loses connection several times an hour. Orange light flashes then after a couple of minutes connection re-established. Engineers have been (4 days ago) but problem persists. Open ticket has not been responded to by Faults Team for 4 days. Can’t get through to customer services or anyone else. No response from @plusnethelp on Twitter. Finally got through to cancellations (I’d love to move to another provider) who says they have 30 days to rectify the fault which apparently includes potentially doing nothing for 30 days. I’m working from home and can’t even do a zoom call. What on earth am I meant to do?
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Losing broadband connection several times an hour

@Geoffpeppiatt Welcome to the forums. If you have had BT/OR out, what did they come to fix/what did they do/what did they say?

A bit more information would possibly help other Community members to offer advice.

John
Geoffpeppiatt
Hooked

Thank you John. They changed the socket and tested the line. Said it was ok. I suspect it is - when it’s actually connected. They mentioned the alarm might be affecting it. So I disconnected the alarm but it didn’t make any difference - the problem persisted. I’ve also had the alarm engineer out to change the filter so I’m pretty certain the alarm has nothing to do with it. When it’s connected it’s fine. It just drops at frequent intervals, orange light flashes and then it automatically reconnects.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Geoffpeppiatt So whatever they came to fix, didn't get fixed! In that case, I would suggest running through THIS self-help topic, replying back here with as much of the requested data as possible.

As a further check, it would be useful if you could confirm your phone-line is error free - faults on the POTS  side can impinge on your broadband service, Dial 17070, option #2 from a preferably corded phone - you should hear nothing but silence. If there is any noise on the line, report a phone fault before investigating any further on the BB side.

John
Geoffpeppiatt
Hooked

Now 38 days without effective broadband ( dropping every few minutes) or phone line (crackling noise). 4 engineers visits from Openreach. They know what the problem is - connection at top of 10m pole has no cover and wires exposed. But engineers won’t go up pole without a pole survey. Now three weeks since this was discovered. Plusnet say they have instructed Openreach but Openreach just not doing anything to solve the problem. I have an open complaint with Plusnet. Plusnet have complained to Openreach. I have also complained to Ofcom. But still Openreach won’t act. Does anyone please have any idea how I can get someone to act? Thank you.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Geoffpeppiatt,

Thanks for getting in touch here, I appreciate your comments and apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you at present.

I realise the lack of apparent progress is frustrating, however I can see this is being handled by a dedicated case handler in our High Levels Escalations team who is monitoring the situation closely for you and proactively working with our suppliers to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Please feel free to raise any queries via the ticket if you need any further assistance on this matter.

Thanks - LF.

Geoffpeppiatt
Hooked

Thank you for your response. Yes there is a dedicated case handler from Plusnet and he is very good at communicating with me. He is extremely polite and very professional. He is not the problem. The problem is that he is powerless to get Openreach to do anything. So all he can communicate to me is that he has contacted Openreach but is unable to get them to actually do the repair. So my question remains. If Plusnet cannot get Openreach to act and Ofcom won’t get involved, where can I go to to get a resolution? Thank you.
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Geoffpeppiatt  Well I suppose you could email the CEO of Openreach asking for action.

Geoffpeppiatt
Hooked

Thank you. I was thinking along the same lines. Just got hold of names and emails of their executive and non-executive directors. (After reading how important they said it was for everybody to have a reliable connection in these difficult times!). Will construct an email for them all and post on their twitter accounts. We’ll see .....