cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for advice from Plusnet on router!

Minxymoo
Grafter

Looking for advice from Plusnet on router!

I've discovered we could save money by going back onto a 12 month contract, as we are out of contract at the moment. My question is, if we move onto a contract is it possible to get a new router? We've been with plusnet for many years and so have had a couple of routers during that time. We got a new one (Sagecom) a few months ago as our previous router stopped working. However, the replacement router is Inferior to our previous router as it has a very week wifi signal! something we never had a problem with when we had the previous router. Are you able to supply a differnt make of router and if so, what  make, what would the cost be, if any? 

12 REPLIES 12
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Looking for advice from Plusnet on router!

Hello there. For a standard (ADSL) broadband contract, we only supply a Sagemcom router, free of charge + £6.99 P&P.

Our more powerful Hub One dual band/ac wireless router that we send out for Fibre installations would work with ADSL, however we wouldn't cover the charge of this router on an ADSL contract. The cost would be £99.99 + £6.99 P&P.

Alternatively, you could look at sourcing your own router from a third party retailer and then reconfiguring it with your broadband username and password.

Hope this helps

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Minxymoo
Grafter

Thanks for your reply.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I stand corrected. It's probably worth giving our customer options team a call on 0800 013 2632, @Minxymoo
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Minxymoo
Grafter

Gel what kind of broadband contract did you take out?

Gel
Aspiring Champion

Minxymoo
Grafter

Not sure what market exchange we are on. We pay £9.99 for unlimited broadband. Hubby phoned to asks about another router but we were told the router you got was only for fibre optic 😓

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Back in November (I believe) we did send out the Hub One on a few ADSL accounts, however I wouldn't be able to guarantee this will still happen unfortunately.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Minxymoo
Grafter

Harry we called and they said it was only for fibre optic customers. The replacement router we have is terrible for wifi! It's so bad we are considering moving company as we don't really want to fork out over £100 to buy a router when we can get one free with another company.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I don't think PN do 12-month contracts anymore. As far as I'm aware, they're all 18 months. 

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Minxymoo

The Plusnet Hub One (the latest router) is just a rebadged BT Home Hub 5 Type A, so if you want free router, might be an idea to move to BT. BT currently have a nice deal on ADSL as follows valid until the end of 23rd June 2016

Unlimited BT Broadband (ADSL2+) with weekend calls, includes a £100 BT Reward Card, free broadband for three months then £10/m for the next 9 months plus the usual £18.99/m line rental. Home Hub delivery charge of £7.95 applies. Up to 17 Mbps line speeds. 12 month contract with broadband at £20/m after the minimum term. Access to BT Sports Lite pack

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT