Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long install lead time

BenJSmyth
Grafter

Long install lead time

Hello,
I signed up to the unlimited Plus Net Fibre service on 13th March. On Friday 15th March we were advised of an install date of 11th April.
We are moving into a new build Barratt house with our completion date on 28th March (next Thursday). Is there any way we can have the appointment brought forward? We ordered the services as soon as we exchanged contracts on the house. I was amazed to get an install date of almost 4 weeks after order.
Hopefully someone can help and bring this forward for us.
Cheers
Ben
21 REPLIES 21
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Long install lead time

Hi Ben,
Welcome to Plusnet and our community forums.
I've checked to see if there's any date available that is earlier than your current install date and unfortunately their isn't. Installation dates depend on engineer availability in your area and it seems that they're in high demand where you are.
Chris
reece251
Grafter

i signed up on tuesday and have been given a date of the 9th of april and have tried to get it forward but it hasent work its because of open reach (the engineers) avaliability. Ive tried to get it forward but it hasent work it apparently ruins the order and could push the date further back. If you managed to get it forward i would be shocked.
reece251
Grafter

chris why was i advised not to change the engineer date and now your saying youve looked into changing the appoinment for ben
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi It looks like Chris was just trying to bring the date forward, unfortunately only later dates are available which is why no changes were made.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
reece251
Grafter

i understand i was just told that there is no possibility of bringing it forward even if there were sooner appointments
apjashley1
Grafter

I was told to keep ringing back to see if there were any cancellations... then told to stop doing that as they can't move appointments anyway
Muttley62
Grafter

Quote from: BenJSmyth
Hello,
I signed up to the unlimited Plus Net Fibre service on 13th March. On Friday 15th March we were advised of an install date of 11th April.
We are moving into a new build Barratt house with our completion date on 28th March (next Thursday). Is there any way we can have the appointment brought forward? We ordered the services as soon as we exchanged contracts on the house. I was amazed to get an install date of almost 4 weeks after order.
Hopefully someone can help and bring this forward for us.
Cheers
Ben

Think yourself lucky, I signed up a little bit before you and have still not been advised of an install date due to an "exception" on my order.  I have had to chase PN constantly in order to try to bring some pressure to bear on BTW
BenJSmyth
Grafter

We are due our install next week. Just wondered if there had been any last minute cancellations in our area that would give us an earlier install date?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@BenJSmyth
That's not something we have visibility of I'm afraid.
I will feed that back to our suppliers as being able to do that and swap appointments in the same area if needed could be really helpful.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BenJSmyth
Grafter

Thanks anyway.
We moved into our new place last Thursday and it's only when you are without internet for so long you realise how much you rely on it without realising. We also have a poor phone signal so our smartphones aren't proving particularly useful either!
Still only another week to go.....
By the way, is there a picture available of the plusnet supplied modem and is it wall mountable? I'm trying to figure out where to install by the master socket (which is at the front door) or have the extension put in to our socket in the living room.
reece251
Grafter

i feel exatctly the same ben i signed up on the 19th of march and my engineer visit is the 9th and ive been told the broadband wont be activated till at least 5-7 days after that which apparently happens in all cases. All this time without internet is killng me haha it feels longer than a couple of weeks
BenJSmyth
Grafter

The lead time is irritating. I know it is out of Plus Net's control and they all rely on Openreach but it is a little unacceptable really. I have an install date of 10th April pm and my account shows my broadband will go live by 12pm on 11th. I am having fibre installed if that makes a difference to the activation times.
I used to use my own router in my old place on my Virgin connection. What is Plus Net's router like? Or is it worth sticking with my own?
reece251
Grafter

well as far as ive read its better off sticking with what youve got. I didnt order it because of this im sticking with my trusty netgear. And yeah its completley out of plusnets control which is kind of annoying but at least you are getting fibre so your all set up on the 11th, i have to have it down the phone line because my property isint ready for fibre yet and im only 18 so i dont know how i will survive with poor speeds compared to fibre but at least im moving in no more than 6 months time. In conclusion ive heard plusnet are very good once all set up. Good luck with your install i know im not  a plusnet member of staff but if you want any help then just pm me.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just to clarify fibre accounts become active on the morning of the install rather than afterwards. We're aware the email isn't quite right and we're looking to change that so sorry for any confusion.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team