cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listen Again and Total Recorder

lowden
Grafter

Listen Again and Total Recorder

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I use Total Recorder's 'silent mode' to save BBC radio shows to MP3 for listening later. This mode is supposed to grab the audio stream as fast as it can arrive. According to the on-screen timer, this should be 6x real time on my broadband connection, and in the past, that's what I've had. So an hour's programme would arrive in 10 mins.
But recently it's stopped doing that. Despite TR showing faster than real time speeds, I'm finding that only by leaving it to record for the full real time, is all the programme there.
For example, if I want to record a 1hr programme, I have to leave it going for 1hr, with the on-screen display showing it's got 6 hrs worth of data and a massive file size. But when the recording stops at the end of the stream after 1hr, there's just 1hrs worth of data there. So despite the timer and file size count, it's actually only working at 1:1.
Similarly if I let it record for 10 mins, stopping it when the on-screen counter says there's 1hr of recording, them play it, there's only 10 mins of audio.
It used to work fine, but now it doesn't. Has anyone else tried this? Has the BBC done something to be awkward?