cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linespeed Improvement + Connection Timeouts

SligStorm

Linespeed Improvement + Connection Timeouts

Hey, I recently had a linespeed improvement a week or 2 ago and I've never had really any problems with plusnet as such ever since I have been a customer.
My problem more recently is I seem to have a much faster connection than usual around 12 meg download and 0.95 meg upload however it seems to be causing some troubles with my modem. Now I'm not sure if this is to do with the fact my exchange point was upgraded recently or there's a possibility that my modem could be effected by this new speed. The old speed I had was around 6.2 meg download and 0.36 upload.
I tryed replacing the ADSL Filter on my phone line but it still does this same problem.
The connection remains connected however around every 8 to 10 minutes the connection stops for about 10 - 15 seconds and comes back. It interupts downloads, gaming etc. If you could help me with this I would be very greatful. The modem/router I have is a BT Voyager 2110 Wireless ADSL and have used it for around 3 years now with no problems.
The modem is apparently suppost to support up to 24 megabits downstream and up to 3 megabits upstream.
I ran a few tests on my modems connection and it seems that the LAN seems to be fine but WAN connections time out. I phoned the support line and was told the connection had been connected constantly for about a day but my connection at home had been acting up now for about 6 days.
Thanks ~
Andrew
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Linespeed Improvement + Connection Timeouts

HI Andrew,
Although the 2110 is compatible with ADSL2+ I've seen plenty of examples where they have caused issues on changeover to ADSL2+ It may be that the initial speed is higher than the line is capable of supporting at a stable rate. Do you have another router you can try?
Jojo Smiley
SligStorm

Hey, I tryed a different modem/router and I'm still getting the same problem. If my line is ok but this could be to do with the ADSL2+ upgrade how long should I expect this instability to go on for? It has allready been about 6 days.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Andrew,
I'll get one of our faults team to pick this up, looks to me like it may need an engineer.
Jojo Smiley