cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed

Jarr
Grafter

Line speed

On my account page it's estimated at 66mb but I'm getting 10mb.
I've been with you a month and my speed has been ok. Why has it dropped in the last few days?
35 REPLIES 35
Jarr
Grafter

Re: Line speed

Guess not.
Gotta say, been with Plusnet just over a month and so far it's awful.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry to hear that, we do try to answer all posts however we try and do them mainly in a chronological order.
Have you contacted our faults team? Have you tried the BT speedtester, including the diagnostic tests after the initial test has completed?
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
Are you wired or wireless?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Jarr
Grafter

Too complicated and I can't move my computer near my router.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm assuming you're on wireless from that reply? We're happy to look into your issues but we really need some more information.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Jarr
Grafter

Wireless. What info do you require?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It may be worth trying to change your wireless channel, a guide how to do this is here.
Let us know how you get on.
Jarr
Grafter

Why would I want to go to a channel with a weak signal???? Huh
Jarr
Grafter

Changed to a different channel it's 12 and it's a bit stronger. My speed is exactly the same. Angry
Jarr
Grafter

........................?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Please can you do the things requested here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html ?
There are no magic wands in the real world; getting help will require a little bit of effort, at least post the router stats, describe your set up and try a new filter.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Your line is appears to be syncing at the correct speed(76Mb/s). Would it be possible for you to try a PPPoE so we can rule the router out?
Jarr
Grafter

Quote from: townman
Please can you do the things requested here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html ?
There are no magic wands in the real world; getting help will require a little bit of effort, at least post the router stats, describe your set up and try a new filter.

And in the real world not everyone is a computer expert.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's why the post that townman linked to contains instructions on how to do the things it asks for Smiley
If you have any problems with specific bits of it please let us know what they are and we'll do our best to help.
Jarr
Grafter

Judging by this forum Plusnet is looking a bit of a let down. I will try to follow the instruction. Connecting my router directly to my pc is out of the question