cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line drops out when ordering things

glowworm

Line drops out when ordering things

I am new to broadband but after a few months I have found that the line drops just when I've filled in a screen for ordering something, and I hit the send button. At first I thought it was coincidence, since the line drops out sometimes anyway, but its happened too often. I have to reconnect the Voyager and type all the details in again. Is this a software issue rather than a line problem?
3 REPLIES 3
samuria
Grafter

Re: Line drops out when ordering things

How do you know the line has dropped? When you think the line has dropped open a cmd window (start run type cmd) and type ping 194.119.131.66 and see if you get a reply.
It could be the sites are using Javscript and there is a problem with the browser or Javacript on your pc which may kill the browser. If you get a reply from the ping the line is still up and its the browser thats died. What browser are you using and any site in particular?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

When you find out how to do it please advise and I will add the feature to my better half's computer  Grin
glowworm

I pretty sure the line drops out because the Internet light on the router goes out, and I have to reconnect it, but I'll try the ping next time anyway.
Thanks