cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Re-Number

mcgurka
Grafter

Line Re-Number

BT have renumbered one of my broadband lines in Dundee. I was advised by them that my BB may drop out because of this.. but it hasnt... Im assuiming this is because the CBUK and BBIP identifiers on the line have remained the same..
Is this something which could cause a problem later on, or should I not worry about it?
Scott
4 REPLIES 4
LiamM
Grafter

Re: Line Re-Number

Strange that you've been advised by them the line may drop.  I specifically asked BT not to break my broadband when my line was renumbered.  Apparently it depends on how they do it.  i.e. will they do a simple renumber on the line (in which case, yes, the BBIP and CBUK stay the same) or do they effectively create a new account with a diffferent number and switch your line over to it... in which case it can cause a PSTN cease.
In rare cases, PSTN ceases can be cancelled IIRC, so it may well be worth keeping an eye on things.  Bear in mind that a PSTN cease could take a week to complete.
I'm sure someone from comms will be able to see if there is a PSTN cease order on your line.
mcgurka
Grafter

yes please comms! the line in question belongs to dscentral.
Cheers
Scott
LiamM
Grafter

Given it's Saturday, it may well be worth raising a ticket asking for the CSC to check if you have a PSTN cease order on your line.
James
Grafter

Quote from: mcgurka
yes please comms! the line in question belongs to dscentral.

Hi Scott,
There's no cease order on that line that I can see.
A renumber will have no physical change being made on your telephone line (CBUK/BBIP remaining the same) so I wouldn't expect one.