cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Activation (Plusnet)

craig37264

Line Activation (Plusnet)

Hi. I ordered broadband last week, and am not waiting on any hardware. My order has been on "activating line" for a few days now. Any idea if this process can be speeded up at all? I work away a lot of the time, and am due to go back to work very soon... and to make the payment workwhile, would like to get some use out of it before I go. Would be a help if it could be speeded up...
Hope someone can advise. Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Line Activation (Plusnet)

Hi there,
The order looks like it's going ahead correctly and is due to complete around the 17th. ADSL orders do take 7-10 days from when they are submitted due to the timescales of the supplier.
Let us know if you have any other questions.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alanskea
Dabbler

Quote from: craig37264
Hi. I ordered broadband last week, and am not waiting on any hardware. My order has been on "activating line" for a few days now. Any idea if this process can be speeded up at all? I work away a lot of the time, and am due to go back to work very soon... and to make the payment workwhile, would like to get some use out of it before I go. Would be a help if it could be speeded up...
Hope someone can advise. Thanks in advance!

I've got the same problem, except mine was supposed to complete on the 13th of August, so its been 13 days so far, hopefully wont be much longer, as I would like to use it at the weekend...
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you checked to see if it is already live?  It might be.
David
alanskea
Dabbler

Quote from: spraxyt
Have you checked to see if it is already live?  It might be.

Yeah I've been checking just in case, but its not.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

alanskea , I've just had a look at your account and it looks as though there is a problem at the exchange causing a delay. This is caused by faulty equipment at the exchange and is due to be reviewed on the 22nd August. Sorry about the delay, we'll get you online as quickly as possible.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alanskea
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
alanskea , I've just had a look at your account and it looks as though there is a problem at the exchange causing a delay. This is caused by faulty equipment at the exchange and is due to be reviewed on the 22nd August. Sorry about the delay, we'll get you online as quickly as possible.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply.
billbo
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hi
As a newbie to the forum welcome - but may I point you to the forum rules about posting - there is really no need to "quote" in every reply especially in follow on posts - please see Use of Quotes
Cheers
alanskea
Dabbler

Sorry, my bad..... Grin